• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rumors on 2011 Sled

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
just an FYI i have seen pictures of a 800 ho installed into the new sno pro chassis.. somewhere in my browsing days.....

so dont consider it not possible! they were trying to figure out how to mod the exhaust around the steering post but the motor is sitting in the chassis all hooked up except the exhaust!!!

all i know is it loooks absolutly mean! i love the ground clearence of the snopro from the front! would love to see how one handles though.... i love my M but we gotta move on at some point and hey if you dont like the new chassis, theres still M's Available!
heres a pic of fabcrafts build on the snopro!
-Aksnopro

raybauer18.jpg

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
The only reasonable thing I've read is the HO m1000. Other than that I bet a hot girl comes with every snowcheck ;)

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm going to go with a :D2011 M1000 H.O:D. They will do the same thing just like they did to the M8. Why not, its the best chassis and a few upgrades like hp and get rid of the diamond drive.

I never thought of that, but it does make sense:beer;

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
I cant see Cat dropping the big twin unless they are coming out with a factory turbo 800 but I cant see that happening, a 1000 HO would be killer.

G

GettnUnstuck

Dec 6, 2005
Prior Lake, MN
I just picked up my 2011, i'll look it over and let you know what they've changed. Going to have it on the snow this weekend... full report coming soon!

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
I just picked up my 2011, i'll look it over and let you know what they've changed. Going to have it on the snow this weekend... full report coming soon!

Ok come on the 2011 arent even out yet. Unless you work for Cat and are testing a "prototype" then you do not in fact have a 2011

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
AlGore.....

I know your profile says Canadia but, umm.... Al Gore has been out of office for at least a few weeks now...

You might not have gotten that memo way up there...:D

He is still in the mix of things causing all kinds of strife. He is a top-quality con-man, "The sky is falling....The sky is falling...."

May all the granola crunchers be made fools of publicly and be deported to some Communist county where they want to live anyhow. NOBama can lead them to that promised land.....

Sorry, I had to interject.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
There won't be a 1000, most guys wouldn't spend the cash on a 1000 HO, if it was possible to do that.

Lets think about this, with just a pipe you can get over 190hp out of the m1000 with the right porting and compression on pump gas some have put out around 225hp. The m1000 is ussually $1-2000 in price from a m8. They could easily build a 210hp m1000 that lasted and was pull and go like the m8.

But everyone would rather spend 6k more on a turbo m8, a pgm8 would probably work just a little bit better at elevation. But you said people wont spend the money for a HO but would spend 3X the money for slightly better sled.

and if they do it right it would weigh within 10lbs of the m8. I would buy one any day.
Just imagine what a m1000 H.O. with a turbo would do.

Last edited:
A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
It's tough to say if they will keep the M1000 around or not, i dont see them doing anything with the M8, and in this economy the M1000 would be the cheapest for arctic cat to upgrade to a HO motor. I could also maybe see a new design or reinforcement of the rails and some new bng.

found this, no idea if its legit, but it looks like the same ol m chassis with a white hood and green headlight covers
http://khfilms.com/83/arctic-cat-snowmobiles-2011

Last edited:
Z

zrt1000

Nov 28, 2007
Heber, Utah
What about the 330 hp 300 ft lbs torque one cylinder diesel engine CAT has that is 1/3 the weight of their current twin four stroke turbo in the 158 3/32” x 3 7/64” track chassis 210 lbs ready to ride (with 14’ chrome stack). Optional tow package, and type III PFD (for better flotation), patented mind LYNX throttle control, self deploying enCATsulating avalanche protection system, and from the factory dash mounted hula girl.
I’ve already stimulus packaged one. (snowchecking is soooo outdated):face-icon-small-ton

C
What about the 330 hp 300 ft lbs torque one cylinder diesel engine CAT has that is 1/3 the weight of their current twin four stroke turbo in the 158 3/32” x 3 7/64” track chassis 210 lbs ready to ride (with 14’ chrome stack). Optional tow package, and type III PFD (for better flotation), patented mind LYNX throttle control, self deploying enCATsulating avalanche protection system, and from the factory dash mounted hula girl.
I’ve already stimulus packaged one. (snowchecking is soooo outdated):face-icon-small-ton

LOL Now were talking!!! :D

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
To heck with boost. If you absolutely must have a hair dryer, I heard that AC will be going to a turbine setup based off of a Bell helicopter. Elevation changes won't mean diddly to this thing. Tracks will become outdated, but the price of the sled will increase due to having four skis. Also in the works is an encapsulated cockpit, much like those used in hydroplane technology. The major problem that the R&D crews are having is that it has a tendency to melt the snow. We'll see what they come up with.
Oh Yea, I have pictures, but AC won't let me show them to you until March. I probably told you all too much as it is....hope they don't come after me...

Premium Features