• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Zero Pro Rebuild

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Can you purchase and what to purchase to rebuild and upgrade for heavier rider and removed swaybar 07 600 Switch-MK, 151 track?

Springs, valve, ect...?

Parts?
Supplier?

Polaris parts catalog shows rebuild kit for $61 ea shock, no upgrades, I assume?

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Call Chris at Carl's Performance (208) 853-5550 and tell them your weight vehicle and riding style that you enjoy. Fox Zero pros can be setup specifically and they offer that service. Very good shocks when done right and you will absolutely FEEL the difference.

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Thanks F-Bomb,

Without trying to take proprietary knowledge from Carl's; I am hoping to take them into my local shop having done some finger work to get an understanding of the lingo and scope of work so they reaffirm what others suggest, or I understand what they suggest?

Who knows, my shop might send them to Carl's any way? The main point is that it is a back-up sled that came with zero pros, supposedly rebuildable and tunable, maybe a decent set-up and possibly relatively inexpensive.

Took the cover off in the garage this afternoon and took it for a pretend ride… with the springs all the way down they are too squishy and no rebound or progressive resistance to bottoming. Maybe the normal rebuild resetting the adjustability of the spring positioning will be enough, the sled has ~4900 miles. Fresh springs too?

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Chris said that most of the zero pro's will need a refresh at about an average of 1500 miles. That has been my experience as well.

There are valve and stack systems that they use to control your setup and behavior and Jack has spent countless hours testing and refining setups over the years. He is the absolute guru on Fox shock setups and how they perform with a Polaris.

I've found that over the years every time I tried to save a bit of money or hassle by having my own guy do the work as opposed to sending stuff to Carl's and paying a premium for their services it came back to COST me in the long run. Most of the time in terms of performance but often it was both performance and duration (double wammy). Hard lesson and I'm stubborn so it took extra but I've got the hang of it now. There is a difference and I've felt and experienced it. The heavier feeling in my wallet was quickly bruised and numbed by the performance of my shocks.

Premium Features