• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vanamburg Boondock matched wit stock tunnel

Chapman

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Milford Ia
waiting...;)

Sorry for the wait.......
DSC00481.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

J
Jan 9, 2009
North of Norway
Here's a pic of the VE bumper kit on an 07 153 M, with flattened intercooler, BDX footwell brackets, and 09 flap/tailight. This is very tough & a cheaper option for consideration vs the full tunnel kit. Stay away from the POS BDX bumper mod IMO.

VEBumper.jpg

What did you do with the rear cooler in the tunnel? CF cooler orstraighten a M cooler?

Last edited:
J
Mar 29, 2009
Are the VE bumpers one universal size that you cut down to fit your sled depending on 141, 153 or 162?

I want to put one on my 06 M7 141", cut down the plastic on my stock light and flap, but still have room to fit a gloved hand between the light and the bumper. So if they're a universal model then I can make the length whatever I need.

Is anyone cutting out their existing rear tunnel section on the sides where the holes are on the VE Bumper? Wondering if it would look good and be strong enough.

Will the AC gussets work on my 06? Thanks guys, all the pics look great.

cat08m8

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2008
ve to stock

3.jpg

i have him tip it up an extra inch it mached up perfect and is super strong

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
What did you do with the rear cooler in the tunnel? CF cooler orstraighten a M cooler?

Straighten the stock 07 cooler with a hydraulic press (no heat). You have to cut an inch or so off the intercooler pipes, and bend them with a larger ID pipe so everything is flat. Just take your time and nothing cracks ...

Then mount it using household water pipe straps (3/4") on the intercooler pipes, with some rubber under the straps so it's not metal to metal.

I'd put up a pic, but my digital camera battery is dead.

Last edited:
C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
For those that had used the full VE bumper back half, is there any pictures of the rear skid mounting point. My VE tunnel is the same width as the stock tunnel, and the skid mount is 1 1/2 " wider. Im tryin to figure out what to do.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Chapman, do you have any pics of how you routed your cooler line. Whatd you do at the seam where the new tunnel meets the old. Mine has a plate on the bottom side that make a 1/4" jog.... Thanks

Chapman

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Milford Ia
Chapman, do you have any pics of how you routed your cooler line. Whatd you do at the seam where the new tunnel meets the old. Mine has a plate on the bottom side that make a 1/4" jog.... Thanks

I don't have any pictures but I can get some tonight. As for cooler lines I went from a 141 to a 153 with the ve rear section so I am still using 141 cooling rails. I went to the parts store and got some radiator hose to make up the difference in length.

cat08m8

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2008
Can you tell me how you put that LED tail light in the rear bumper. I have a VE rear half of a tunnel coming for my crossfire and I'm trying to figure out how to mount a tail light for it. Thanks

i just took and got some 3 wire led lights from on line and drilled the holes in aline and wired them to eachother then to the stock harness

Premium Features