• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vanamburg Boondock matched wit stock tunnel

It looks awesome! I dont have pictures of my M8 with it installed, but it looks sweet. The cost is a little bit more, but less than a boondock tunnel and a million times better then a BDX crack apart. The welding and craftsmanship on the VE is amazing. Great material very strong. No questions of strength. Pull your buddies out of the woods with out any worries. I am a happy VE customer
Picture200011.jpg

Here is what it looks like when it comes. I bought the running board edges too. I had a bunch of stuff powder coated I will post later.
img1242699802918.jpg

How hard is it to install this type of extension? Also where can you get it? How much does it cost? And can it be painted? Anything will help
thanks

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Gussets

So who's gussets are better the only two I know of are Arctic Cat and BDX, are there others? I will be putting them on my 08 M1000 with the VE bumper conversion.

I think the Arctic Cat ones are better. They are not putting 3 rivets close together on the side of the tunnel. That's where the BDX gussets were causing the tunnels to crack. Also they're 1/3 the price.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The only negative I see with the VE bumper is it looks like the handle is right in front of the tail light?

How much does it block it??

I have an 07 with the 09 light and flap.

There is no tail light on the VE bumpers and tunnel sections. If you want one you would have to find an LED light that suits your fancy and install it yourself (which im thinking about doing)

Chapman

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Milford Ia
Here are a couple more pictures of the rear bumper from ve that i'm working on. It's a very nice product and the craftmanship is great too.
dylan002.jpg

dylan007.jpg

dylan009.jpg

VE edge rails:
dylan006.jpg

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
2009 tail light in this pic. I just don't like the handle blocking the light but maybe it can be seen good enough under the handle???

VEBumper.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
That's nice

That VE tunnel extension looks outstanding. I am going to do this to my M7 is the best look for these with the 09 tail light and snow flap. I want to do this and make it look nice. Again these are sweet looking sleds good job.

C
Feb 12, 2009
Hugo, MN
Here are a couple more pictures of the rear bumper from ve that i'm working on. It's a very nice product and the craftmanship is great too.
dylan002.jpg

dylan007.jpg

dylan009.jpg

VE edge rails:
dylan006.jpg

Was this done to a 153 M8 or is it longer? I'm just trying to get a idea of what it going to look like when I get my for a 06 Crossfire 700 with a 144 track. Thanks

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
understand installing the board inserts creates a very weak spot, its the think alum in the two large footwell holes, friend has his M1000 in my shop and this peice is broken....i plan to beef mine up somehow

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
snow eliminators

i was told by cutler when i bought his to only take out what you have to meaning each individual hole and radius all edges my buddy butchered the whole insert we'll see what his looks like this year (patients) mine are working ok only one season though

Last edited:
R
Nov 30, 2007
i was told by cutler when i bought his to only take out what you have to meaning each individual hole and radius all edges my buddy butchered the whole insert we'll see what his looks like this year (patients) mine are working ok only one season though

I run cutlers`, and I cut out the running boards, like Chapman has done. 2 seasons - no problem at all. I`m sure your buddy`s boards will be fine too.

Chapman

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Milford Ia
Here is what I did with my running boards. Not really worried.....these things are strong!
dylan012.jpg

Here is my almost finished sled with the ve rear tunnel and edge rails.
dylan016.jpg

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
thats looks good!...now im super pumped about doing mine:beer;

show us some powder coat pics of the boards please, and whats the cost and who where did you get the material to cut up the cross members (for lack of a better term)

Last edited:

Chapman

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Milford Ia
thats looks good!...now im super pumped about doing mine:beer;

show us some powder coat pics of the boards please, and whats the cost and who where did you get the material to cut up the cross members (for lack of a better term)

I can get some better pictures tomarrow. I actually used the stock 05 m7 running board edges for my matieral. I spaced them 3" oc and ended up with about 2 inches left over from my running board edges. I paid my buddy a case of beer to weld them up for me. I haven't paid my powder coater yet but for the entire tunnel it should be close to $50, but I did all the surface prep work myself and just had him shoot the powder.

P

powder Head

Nov 27, 2007
Marysville Wash
Just brought her home last night, will post when it's all put together. This is the new M8 tunnel with their beefed up support, which ways less then the older ones. Can't wait to get it together.

Newtunnel.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Premium Features