• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS Checker and Setting tool

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I have a local electronics store that has all the parts to make a tester. After re-reading this post several times, I built the tester with the 5V regulator. Mine came out at 4.99V. It seemed to work fine. Once I was done, I pulled out a spare potentiometer and wired that in place of the regulator. Pretty darn cool that I could control the output voltage and get it spot on at 5.00V. I picked up a double stacked one at the electronics store (used for $1) and wired through both units so that I could fine tune it and not be so jumpy. It would work like a champ if you can't find a regulator that gets you to the desired output. I just need to find a small box to wire it all into. I also disassembled an old factory stereo plug from a Ford pickup I had and robbed the female connectors to attach to the TPS male terminals. I shrink wrapped the middle one so I didn't have them touch when hooked up.

When all done, my baseline of .71 was within tolerance and then I set the idle. It had been at .93 so I bumped it to the .95. WOT is 4.12 but apparently that doesn't matter.

T

Toddstud2003

Nov 27, 2007
Denver,Colorado
tps tool

I got tps tool off ebay. has built in gauge. And has the tps conector on it. Makes it real easy. It does cost $65 But its all self contained
tps tool.JPG

Feb 17, 2013
My 07 IQ 600 keeps bogging out whenever i go over bumps, won't idle right, and wont go over 8000 rpm. Had the dealer recalibrate the tps, and it ran great for a day untill i did some drift banging and then it went back to doing the same old thing. I think Im gonna swap out the tps for a new one and hope thats my issue

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
( 2010 ) 700 CFI

I have a ( 2010 ) RMK Dragon 700 CFI
with crazy high idle.
2600 Rpm with warm engine.
3600 Rpm with cold engine.
I have had this problem the last 2 seasons.
Other than that the engine runs great.

Can someone point me out in the right direction how to adjust and test the TPS ??

Premium Features