• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New flash

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
just burned my 09 d8 pto side down at 360 miles, lean burn down, will the pc5 fix this also do they come with a map for 6500-9000 feet with a slp can, so it would be a plug and play.

Sorry to hear about the burn down. starting to sound all to familiar. Hope they cover it under warranty.

Give Jim a call at Dynotech Research or send him a PM on the forum. Bottom line is he has the latest maps and is continually improving them. He will send you a map that is pretty much plug & play. Once you have the PCV you can adjust the map to add/subtract fuel thoughout the fuel range to fine tune it.

Lots of feedback on the Power Commander threads already.

Good luck

akrevrider

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Please don't flame me if that has been answered before.
What is the rpm for peak power on the 09 D8.
Last year I hit 8550 on the trail and my sled was just ripping.
Since the piston update I have been struggling to get any higher that 8100 and it just feels lame lame lame. I tried with the wires connected and not connected with no difference at all...
It is going in for the latest flash and a TPS tweak.
What is the optimum rpm target on that engine?
Thanks.
FBF.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Please don't flame me if that has been answered before.
What is the rpm for peak power on the 09 D8.
Last year I hit 8550 on the trail and my sled was just ripping.
Since the piston update I have been struggling to get any higher that 8100 and it just feels lame lame lame. I tried with the wires connected and not connected with no difference at all...
It is going in for the latest flash and a TPS tweak.
What is the optimum rpm target on that engine?
Thanks.
FBF.
I shoot for 8250. I have had no problem after the Jan2010 flash nor have my other friends..except fopr a sluggish take off after shutting off the motor..about 30-60 seconds and it goes away.

Did you do anything different after the flash..perhaps a new belt? A slick old belt slipping will show higher R's..8550 is past the peak of the Powerband. Some dyno reports have shown that 8000-8100 was their peak HP output for a stock motor.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
No other mods, it was bone stock with about 500 miles on the belt. It was pulling a lot harder then.8200-8300 on a hard pull.
FBF.

Premium Features