• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil “leak” under brand new Alpha.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Oil “leak” under brand new Alpha.

Saw an oil stain under m brand new Alpha after I put it in the trailer. Was coming from the belly pan right next to the left side lower control arm rear mounting bracket. Long story but it’s oil from the intake that’s collecting in the air box right in front of the butterfly’s. The break in mode is dumping so much oil into the intake it ran out of there and out of the air box and dripped out of the belly pan where it had collected. Looks like cat wants to make sure these sleds have LOTS of oil during break in.

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
Common, will do that during long sits such as off-season storage as well! Messy but no harm or anything to be worried about.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
It’s nothing to worry about But I’ve never had another sled do this. So it hasn’t been common for me.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I know it was common for the Suzukis to do this but this is the first I've heard of the new ctec doing it.

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
I had oil dripping from the oil pan from my Alpha too. It was on the way home from the dealership when I got home I noticed it. I cussed a few times and wiped off the belly pan and noticed it was enough oil to make a small spot on the bed of my truck too. Almost looked like chain case oil. I haven't noticed since. I get too irritated tracking down oil leaks on a brand new machine. So I avoid it.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
10:1 for the first 18 min.
Seen lots of posts here and Facebook about 18's and 19's leaking.
Neither one of mine have. 76hrs on 18, only 3.5hrs on 19.

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Mine had oil “leaking” too. I searched high and low for a leak, didn’t find where it was coming from other than just having some in the bottom of the belly pan. Cleaned it all up good and haven’t seen a drop of oil since. Guessing there’s some assembly oil or someone that misses the cavity during initial fill.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I just posted this to let people know what it was if they had it happen really. Woody at Mt Baker Moro-Sports whose my dealer let me know what it was and where it came from. I’ll try and post a pic of the intake. What threw me was Cat oil looks green lol and I thought it was antifreeze until I touched it.

Last edited:
Premium Features