• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Timbersled Ski/ Retro to 2016 Spindle??

P
Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone perhaps know if the new TS ski will be able to fit on Prior Years spindle, or will you have to but the whole new Set up?

Also, has anyone compared the Yeti ski to the New TS ski for comparison? I'm thinking of upgrading to either Yeti or Wait for New ski?

Thanks.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Good question......

I too would like to try the new ski on my 2017 stuff, I bet we'll be able to fit it on there somehow......

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I think there will be more ski options soon as well. The tri keel and runners on the new TS ski are definitely a yeti rip off, however it does not appear to have the same parabolic shape that funnels snow into the center of the yeti ski and gives it lift.

R
Apr 18, 2016
Is the yeti ski really that great? I ride with all Yeti guys on new KTMs. I run a 2017 raw kit without Tss bolted to a bunch of parts I had in my garage that is a Frankenstein cr500. I see the yeti guys crashing and saying their ski is filled up or something. I have zero problem following or leading and I have all of them by 100lbs easy. I am a big gorilla and they are all littler guys. I ride the timbersled ski down the hard pack standing on the pegs and the only problem I have had was bouncing my mtn addiction gas can out of the rail...might have only had one rail engaged it's only happened once. In the powder it rides like a street bike I think I have dragged my elbow....how could they even handle better??? I don't get it.

M
Jan 14, 2004
IMO it comes down to snow conditions, this last few days my Yeti ski was awesome in the type of deep pow we had and my buddies TS ski was washing out all over the place. Snow was light and deep. He piled it on the trail trying to keep up. TS ski just let go on a hairpin. The old TS ski is pretty basic. Camso also has the Yeti style outer skags.

M5

Premium Features