• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Malware on Snowest (DUH)

P
Dec 17, 2009
Timberlakes
Thank you Christopher. I appreciate the fact that you are working on this. It certainly took some prodding, infractions and some censorship; however it is nice to see you taking care of your members. I as an unpaid member don't really deserve any explanations, but the paid members do and you have provided such. The historical account makes sense, even so, a final answer will be nice/expected. BTW for someone who loves his rights so much, I am quite surprised you decided to censor some of my posts. Happy to have a friendly, fun convo (pm or otherwise) as I already know what your reasoning will be and I have legitimate/correct responses lol. BTW you can delete this bottom paragraph a sI just wanted to say it could be fun to have a friendly argument if you are interested/have time. Anywho, thanks for working on this

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
It's going to end up being one of your adds.
That is why it is not consistent

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have never gotten any warning.
My work computer is HEAVILY protected. HEAVILY.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Just logged in and both Webroot caught and blocked an infection AND so did MSE Defender......hmmmm........interesting.....the only site that does this.....oh but there's no problem?

P
Dec 17, 2009
Timberlakes
The ad thing could prove to be interesting. So some companies are either collecting data or what-not and know or don't. However, the fact remains that people are getting virus/malware/etc reports from different reporters and it is STILL happening on snowest. you guys giving info to the NSA:gossip::face-icon-small-win

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well after I logged on my bank account only showed 100 bucks in it..

wait a second...I only had 25 bucks in it...

don't do a thing Christopher...

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Anybody else find the recent Yahoo Malware infection interesting?

So strange they have Malicious Ads slipped in their ad BLOCKS.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
It's actually easy to do.

The thing I find interesting, is that yahoo actually admitted that they had malicious ads.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
REQUEST.

If you see this Virus Alert pop up on your system, would you PLEASE take a SCREEN SHOT and post it here.

We would like to see what ads are running that might be the source of the alert.

Premium Features