• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Weights Question

N
Nov 3, 2008
Mass
im trying to clutch my m8.
ive been reading up on how to do it as much as possilble but just wondering if the weight of the clutch weights is all that matters and not the "profile" or shape.

i was told to get some d&d big dog 77gram weights, but would any arctic cat set screw 77g weights work? or do i have to buy d&d weights

and what does the helix do?

K

Klimbing Kitty

A 77g weight for Cat is not the same as a D& D 77g. Profile and shape does make a difference. Post your weight and elevation you are riding at and some one on here will for surely help you out. Also include year of your M8 and any engine mods you may have done. With this they will tell you what helix you should be using as well.

kk

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
Heal-clickers

I was in the same boat with trying to figure out what clutch weights I should use. I decided on Heal Clicker weights. They are more expensive but they give so much more adjustability and allow you to dial in the clutching to your liking without having to buy lots of extra weights.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
You might consider using a Cutler or Dalton adjustable primary weights. Super easy to adjust weight out on the hill.

M
Aug 22, 2009
Minnesota
You might consider using a Cutler or Dalton adjustable primary weights. Super easy to adjust weight out on the hill.

I have the adjustable weights and I don't think they're as good as they're cracked up to be. I spent more time f-ing with them with little to no gain. Tried adding weight to the heel and toe and everywhere in between. I had it dialed in pretty good but I know it can be way better. I'm gonna be messing with factory cat weights this year.

What elevation you running with that heavy of weight?

N
Nov 3, 2008
Mass
I ride at sea level. I have a m7 with a d&d 800 sleeper topend and slp twin pipes. I hve a timing key and a timbersled intake. Also got a new 141 powerclaw. Sled rips as hard as a 600. Its nowhere near where my f7 was

Premium Features