• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diet Suggestions

M

monster967

Dec 27, 2009
Littleton CO
I am looking for ways to lose some weight on my 06 rev 144. What can you guys suggest? If any one has some good detailed instructions on the best way to remove e start that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

J
Nov 26, 2007
Denver
Start with the easy items, trail rated can, seat, foam under hood and in side panels gets heavy when wet, chop down belt gaurd for cooling add some flowrites, toss the sway bar, loose a few idlers and add some scratchers, 2 wheel kit in the rear, port the track (06 may already have this) fox floats, ect...

M

monster967

Dec 27, 2009
Littleton CO
www.johnstonefitness.com I lost 60lbs over the summer/fall ^_^ Can't remove that much from my sled no matter how hard i tried.

Ha nice try buddy. That was the first thing that had to happen. now I need to lighten the sled. 2wheel kit is in, sway bar is gone, have a bmp can. foam needs to go, I have the x package, are the fox floats that much lighter??

Do you have a pic of a belt guard that is chopped.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Ha nice try buddy. That was the first thing that had to happen. now I need to lighten the sled. 2wheel kit is in, sway bar is gone, have a bmp can. foam needs to go, I have the x package, are the fox floats that much lighter??

Do you have a pic of a belt guard that is chopped.

If you look at the belt gaurd this a black plastic piece (dust cover) and a metal part. Just drill out the rivits and remove the plastic, make sure to plug up any wholes with grate so you don't leak any snow into your clutches if you do though.

D
Oct 13, 2008
I am looking for ways to lose some weight on my 06 rev 144. What can you guys suggest? If any one has some good detailed instructions on the best way to remove e start that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

All depends on how much you want to spend. Usually figure about a $100.00 per pound for aftermarket parts. Except a can which you already have. Front suspension, rear suspension, seat, shocks and the list goes on and on and on depending on the depth of your pockets.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Merritt, BC
another thing you can dump is the stock headlight. i just busted mine and looked around for ideas and there is a tread i started a couple of days ago. some guys (me included now) mounted 2 fog lights, others dump the light totally and run with a Lead Dog helmut light
D

Premium Features