• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 800 r bad crank??

My o7 800r summit went blewwy today got it apart the rod bearing on recoil side burnt up is this from there wonderful crank or could it be were the oil line squirts in oil in not working ? pistons did not score but it all happened at about 15 miles per hour would like to know where should I send the crank to get rebuilt I am in Wisconsin.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
If you don't have the updated case with the "R" stamp then that was bound to happen sooner or later as BRP had improper bearing races at the beginning of '07. Big John at Sled Heads Racing in MN is my recommendation for you. He'll correct the case and make things right.

Have FUN!

G MAN

If you don't have the updated case with the "R" stamp then that was bound to happen sooner or later as BRP had improper bearing races at the beginning of '07. Big John at Sled Heads Racing in MN is my recommendation for you. He'll correct the case and make things right.

Have FUN!

G MAN
Just had a long talk with northern crankshaft in min sounds like my cases need work done also I will check with the guy that you said, thanks , also would like to know where the R stamp is??

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
you can get a remanufactured crank from ski doo with a 1 year warranty too, rather than having the one you have be rebuilt.

There is also the short block route. $1200 or so depending on where you get it.

Evan

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Hmmmm.......not seeing the connection between the rod bearing problem and the case issue? "R' or no "R"............what am I missing?

The bearing races in the "R" stamped cases are larger to allow for bearing expansion and to prevent seizing. The bearing races were too tight on the initial run of '07's. The R simply identifies the updated case.

Have FUN!

G MAN

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
The bearing races in the "R" stamped cases are larger to allow for bearing expansion and to prevent seizing. The bearing races were too tight on the initial run of '07's. The R simply identifies the updated case.

Have FUN!

G MAN

That's all good, I knew that. How does the cases affect the rod bearings?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Ah, All I saw was crank and bad bearing so my bad! Rod bearings don't usually fail tho unless something is wrong with the crank or rod itself.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Premium Features