• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another WTF Christopher????

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
there are always cheap ways to do it.
But I would like two brand new, under warrenty, high end servers to run this place with NO problems for the next several years. And we have priced them out at $15K each.

So what I'm seeing is that SnoWest HIRED you after you sold yourself to them to improve their website so they could get more advertisers, they are paying you a salary, you came out of nowhere at all...never heard of you on this forum, screwed it up completely 'till it's slower than my home computer on dial up downloading a thesaurus at the same time I'm trying to surf p0rn, all the while telling us how much BETTER it's going to be when you install tons of "Upgrades" (anybody could see that would slow this to a crawl) that nobody here asked for or wants (read, childish garbage) changed the look and the feel of a site that had become comfortable and familiar like a family (Dysfunctional, but still family) brought a ton more Moderators online...still curious about that one and now claim that you're hitting up SnoWest for $30.000 too?????

WTF, and I mean that sincerely...WTF...SnoWest has some serious patience with their new employees.

I'll give you credit for one thing though...
You HAVE taken a lot of crap over all this and still you seem to have a good attitude.
Either SW is paying you a TON of money or you're a masochist!

Please....continue ruining my hangout.
Kind of like the tree huggers making it impossible to ride in my favorite riding area.
I'll miss this place for what it was.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I'm for moving the whole thing into a cloud and not dealing with a small handful of servers....

M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
Please....continue ruining my hangout.
Kind of like the tree huggers making it impossible to ride in my favorite riding area.
I'll miss this place for what it was.

AMEN to that!!! I'm not convinced "Sell out" is the correct phrase just yet but what the heck happened to the forum?

You need 30 g's for servers but all this new $hit has nothing to do with the lag time? :confused:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I say..................pay cut!

Just prove how much you really love and care about this site. Your dedication to make it better, to improve the overall user experience..blahblahblah. It can't be just about the money? ;)

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
I can not believe you guys would be like this. I don't think they know how many hours you put in setting in front of your computer screen. Just so they can come and chat with their friends and sell their items.

So, I for one apologize to you on behalf of their behavior.

Jeff

Last edited:
A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
No Not that at all. I work in IT and web design I know how long it takes to do things.
Plus I am on here after I get off at 12 pm and I see christopher on here. He is too busy to hardly post his own questions sometime.
Give credit where credit is due. He is doing a heck of a job.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
I hate to say it but used in the computer world means out of date.
And that cycle comes about every 6-8 months.
As you can see the computer you bought 4-6 months ago is almost outdated. Yes it still works But the news ones perform better and faster.

so does a new wife, but I can't afford a divorce:D. same goes for the electronics in my airplane, but I don't drop 40K every year cause Bendix King came out with something new. If snowest can afford to drop 30K do it, but it sounds like the can't, or they would have done it all ready. The server at my office is 6 years old works just fine, albeit doesn't get used like this site, but it still works.

Have a nice night :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not that there is any really compelling reason for me to share this, other than the fact that there might be one of you who really appreciates what serious internet horsepower looks like, this is the server that I want to power SnoWest with. And I would like a matched pair of them. And this is the cost of the RAW HARDWARE only.

This would ensure absolutely no delays with 10,000 users on SnoWest at the same time this winter.

PowerEdge R900
Starting Price
spacer.gif
$18,742Instant Savings
spacer.gif
$2,087
spacer.gif

Subtotal
spacer.gif
$16,655

Review Your PowerEdge R900Date & Time: 9/17/2009 10:01:51 PM
spacer.gif
SYSTEM OPTIONS
linebr.gif
spacer.gif
PowerEdge R900
PowerEdge R900, 2x L7455 Xeon, Six Cores, 2.13GHz, 12M Cache, 1066Mhz FSBedit
Additional Processor
Upgrade to Four Quad Six L7455 Xeon, 2.13GHz, 12M Cache, 1066Mhz FSBedit

Memory
16GB Memory, 8x2GB, 667MHzedit

Operating System
No Operating Systemedit
Operating System Additions
Noneedit
O/S Partitions
Noneedit

Backplane
1X8 SAS Backplane, for 2.5 Inch SAS Hard Drives only, PowerEdge R900edit

External RAID Controllers
Internal PERC RAID Controller, RAID 6 configedit

External Storage Controller(s)
Noneedit
Primary Hard Drive
73GB 10K RPM Serial-Attach SCSI 3Gbps 2.5-in HotPlug Hard Driveedit

2nd Hard Drive

3rd Hard Drive
http://javascript<b></b>:to_page_mo...=1&kc=rack_optimized&l=en&oc=becwwk1&s=bsd');
4th Hard Drive
73GB 15K RPM Serial-Attach SCSI 3Gbps 3.5-in HotPlug Hard Driveedit

Noneedit
Rack Rails
No Rack Rails included with systemedit

Bezel
PowerEdge R900 Active Bezeledit
Power Cords
2x Power Cord, NEMA 5-15P to C14, 15 amp, wall plug, 10 feet / 3 meteredit
spacer.gif

NETWORKING OPTIONS
linebr.gif
spacer.gif
Network Card
Four (4) Fully Integrated Broadcom® 5708 Gigabit NICs, TOE Capableedit

Fiber Channel HBAs
NoneeditTCP/IP Offload Engine Enablement
Integrated NICs are TOE Readyedit

Modem / DRAC
Noneedit
spacer.gif
S

SOFTWARE OPTIONS
linebr.gif
spacer.gif
Tape Backup Software
Noneedit
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Noneedit
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Client Access Licenses
Noneedit
spacer.gif

SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
linebr.gif
spacer.gif
Systems Management Consoles and Licenses
Noneedit
Uninterruptible Power Supplies and Accessories
Noneedit
spacer.gif

OTHER OPTIONS
linebr.gif
spacer.gif
Optional Optical Drive
8x DVD-ROM, Internaledit

Keyboards, Mice and Related Devices
Noneedit

External Server Accessories
Noneedit

Documentation
Electronic System Documentation, OpenManage DVD Kit with DMCedit
Additional Documentation
Noneedit
spacer.gif

OTHER OPTIONS
linebr.gif
spacer.gif
Virtualization Protection Software
Noneedit

Flexible Client Solutions
Noneedit

workload migration software
Noneedit
spacer.gif

SERVICE OPTIONS
linebr.gif
spacer.gif
Hardware Support Services
3Yr Basic Hardware Warranty Repair: 5x10 HW-Only, 5x10 NBD Onsiteedit
Data Protection Offers

pe_r900_120x107.jpg
spacer.gif
control_ship.gif

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
This would ensure absolutely no delays with 10,000 users on SnoWest at the same time this winter.

Do you honestly think that SnoWest will hit anywhere near 10,000 members online at once? The most ever so far is less then 5k, and there are a little over 9,000 active members. Based on those numbers, SnoWest will have to DOUBLE it's active members, I don't think so.

Why are you so convinced that there is going to be a crazy flood of new members coming to SnoWest this winter? I am sure SnoWest will gain members but I bet it will be at a slower pace then normal because of the economy.

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
^^^^^^^

I don't know what any of that crap is, and I don't care. I just don't want to wait so long to post. That should be Job 1.

Premium Features