• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crankcase bearing/retaining compound

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Just curious about some feedback on the use of retaining compound on the outer PTO bearing between the OD and the case and whether it should or could be used. I'm reassembling my 900 and can see very slight evidence of the outer bearings rotation in the case. The press fit appears to be very light on this bearing alone, althought the two end bolts on the case seemed to have less torque on disassembly than all the others which may have contributed. It is not enough damage or galling to scrap out the cases IMO but the thought of using Loctite 609 on the OD of the bearing is something I'm considering as an extra margin of safety. Any thoughts or comments from the experts??
Thanks,
Gary

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
ttt, no other opionions? Should I even try it? Any harm in it?
Any other insight would be appreciated!
Gary

i have used liner retaining compound on a few engines .i used it on a 440 pro x it had a very tight case tolerence causing it to put to much out side load on the bearing taking the bearing out . i have used it 800 and have had very good luck but on the 900 how tight is your case that is the question i would ask

Premium Features