• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blocked Open Arctic Power Valves

What sled is it? To my understanding, the efi sleds will sense the powervalves are not working and will send a code to the brainbox, putting the sled in limp mode. BDX makes a kit that you remove the valves, servo, and replace them with powervalve "stuffers" and a chip in your box to keep it from tweaking out.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, BDX makes kits for the M sleds, just not for the mountain cats or king cats.

they have a little chip that plugs into the servo motor harness to keep it all happy.

as for function, seen plenty of happy folks in the AC section with BDX valves deletes.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
p valve spacers

When the idea of blocking the p valves open on our M8 was out, I slipped an aluminum sleeve over the vavle stem to block it open, left springs on the powervalve cable and looped them up behind the pipe so servo motor thought it was still working.

Problem I ran into.........makes a definite flat spot in the low end on my M8 and the one other M9 I tried this on. For sure it made a flat spot on our efi firecat's, pretty well tuned that cough out on my 04 carbed firecat. I tuned it out after lots of diddling on my M7/800 kit with boonie box but was never dazzled by the results.

Even the 2mm bikeman spacer makes a flatspot or hesitation on the M8's, I've given the same set of spacers away about 3 or 4 times and they always come back??

I think the supreme valves or a good reflash of computer is really the only way to see nice earlier power improvement on the 700 & 800's.........1000's???, I've heard good reports, but I'd have to ride one to really feel good about this mod.

A
Nov 21, 2008
i ride with a guy who has an m1000 with the bdx powervalve delete kit on it and it works great doesnt seem to loose any bottom end either

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Did this with my BB1000.
Get some small pipe,tubing. Like 1/4in or something, put in vise cut length wise, spread open, place between cable, crimp closed.. Done!! JUst measure the length of cable sticking out when fully extended, and thats it

Premium Features