• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M8 Service Question

S
Sep 20, 2009
Big Sky, MT
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone had a great season, I know I sure did in Big Sky, Montana despite it being a less than average snow year.

I've got a 07 M8 with about 1300 miles that were almost all put on this season, I noticed that towards the end of the season I was only getting around 7600 RPM's out of it where I was close to 7900 at the beginning of the year. I know that it was quite warmer at the end of the season, so I assume a little less hp, but since I've got some time this year to do some maintenance, and a few upgrades (clutch for sure). I was wondering if there are some things that need to be replaced to get it closer to where I was (7900 RPM) or more ideally, at around 8100, I have the SLP pipe kit and that is recommended by SLP. Hope there are a few guys that have some ideas about putting a little more spark in my sled for next season to get it back up to "par". Thanks in advance.

Snowdrift

Snowman 2001

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Othello, WA
New springs in both clutches

Might be time for a new belt as well...

I would also check your exhaust valve cables. If one is broken or out of adjustment, that will lower your RPMs

Premium Features