• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bad day on the RT 1000

H

hefner

Oct 5, 2008
Rock Springs, WY
Got a total of 2.4 miles on her yesterday. Something let loose in the motor. Not sure what it was.......It was running weird when I unloaded it but then it cleared up and was running good. Doing about 60 down the trail and a few noises later she quit running. Hard to pull over right away like it was locking up. The left plug was looking like it may have detonated some and was backed out a bit. The right plug was basically white. Not sure what happened there. It started and drove in the trailer but there is one hell of a knocking sound. Probably go to the dealer today and see if they will give me anything for it. Probably end up with a redone 05 800 summit x from the dealer. Maybe an XP if the price is right.

D
Mar 24, 2008
Idaho
Got a total of 2.4 miles on her yesterday. Something let loose in the motor. Not sure what it was.......It was running weird when I unloaded it but then it cleared up and was running good. Doing about 60 down the trail and a few noises later she quit running. Hard to pull over right away like it was locking up. The left plug was looking like it may have detonated some and was backed out a bit. The right plug was basically white. Not sure what happened there. It started and drove in the trailer but there is one hell of a knocking sound. Probably go to the dealer today and see if they will give me anything for it. Probably end up with a redone 05 800 summit x from the dealer. Maybe an XP if the price is right.

That sucks. How does your crank feel? I would almost guess you have crank issues if there is a knocking sound.

H

hefner

Oct 5, 2008
Rock Springs, WY
You can turn the primary over and feel that something is wrong inside. It still has compression, so I think the pistons are intact. My guess is that I lost a bearing or something in the crank. The previous ride I had the dampener on the governor cup come loose a few miles before the trailer so that was vibrating like mad. I got that fixed and then got only 2 miles on it and the crank let go. I wonder if it didn't get damaged from the vibration from the clutch. It only ran if you were on the gas and I only ran it to get it loaded up.

H

hefner

Oct 5, 2008
Rock Springs, WY
Figured out the problem, just needed a different sled. Went to the dealer and got an 07 X-RS 159". Should be alright for me. Going to go pick it up in a couple of hours.

B

blacksnow

Jan 3, 2009
everett, WA
slutty 1000

Figured out the problem, just needed a different sled. Went to the dealer and got an 07 X-RS 159". Should be alright for me. Going to go pick it up in a couple of hours.

LOL. at least you have a good attitude about it. not much else you can do i suppose. it does suck and i'm really sorry for your misfortune. hope the 800 is a loyal b!tch.

Premium Features