• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help from Doo Engine Gurus!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm looking for info on Doo crank bearings.

1) Which bearing on the Doo Crank is the 6208 (generic number) bearing?

2) When you order the bearings from Doo, do they already have the Isoflex grease in them?

3) Are the Isoflex greased crank bearings sealed bearings, shielded bearings, or open bearings.

4) What would be the generic equivalent number for the Mag side crank bearing?

5) Are the center crank bearings isoflex greased as well?

5) Can you post up a couple of pics of the 2 PTO side crankshaft bearings?

I am not looking for substitutes for the bearings... I want to use the Doo bearings in another application.

Last edited:
F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
I’m holding a 6208 in my hand and it is the outer PTO side bearing from my 06 Summit Adrenalin and is not sealed, the outer seal is a separate part that you put on during assembly.

The inner most PTO side bearing (towards the inside of the case and inside of the outer PTO bearing but nearest the inner crank) has Germany FAG and 103.Y.EL stamped on it. This inner bearing has a seal on 1 side (the side towards the inner workings of the crank) and between these two seals the Isoflex is contained and shared between the two bearings.

You can order the Isoflex directly from the manufacturer (Kluber) for less than $20.00/tube you just have to set up an account and tell them you are (insert your new high performance shop name here) and they will send it out to you ASAP.

I think that the bearings do come loaded w/ grease from Doo but not positive of this. If you are using the bearings for another purpose then perhaps another grease would work for you. I am pretty sure that Doo uses the Isoflex because of it’s properties at low temperatures, so if your application isn’t in such an environment then another grease may suit you better and be much cheaper and easier to obtain.

You should be able to bring those bearing numbers to any good bearing house (check the phone book) and they can set you up with a variety of bearings for your application, open, sealed one side, sealed both sides, roller, caged etc…

Don't know about the MAG sode bearing as I didn't replace mine during the rebuild I am just completing.

Good luck with your project.

:beer;

Last edited:
F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
Here's some pics for ya!

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

Ooops! not workin.

Edit: by Mountainhorse
Note: In photobucket, click on "direct" link ad paste that into the image URL box...Thank you for taking the time to post these up for me!!
icon7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Thank you all for the help...

A few more questions if you have the time.

1) Does anyone know the clearance spec on these bearings? (C3 C4 etc??)

2) On the bearing with the snap ring on it... does it have a rubber style "seal" (RS) on it on the side closest to the crankshaft... or is it a metal shield (ZZ)?

3) Anyone have the generic size on the Mag side bearing?

4) Is the Mag side bearing open or sealed?... One side or both sides?

Hey Slim,

I thought you thought I was one of the good guys???? (wink)

I'll call John

I'll be in your neck of the woods this month... I'll have to take you up on the offer to ride if you'll still have me.

Premium Features