• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 Summit 1000 Check Engine Light

S

seth25

Jan 9, 2008
Sedalia, CO
A buddy of mine just picked up an 05 1000. It has a SPI pipe and can. The check engine light is flashing and th buyer said that it is because of the pipe and can. Is this true? Things to check for?

Thanks

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Check the connections on your sensors. Most of the time it ends up being the one for the air box on the left side panel.

D
Mar 24, 2008
Idaho
Check the connections on your sensors. Most of the time it ends up being the one for the air box on the left side panel.

I just rebuilt the motor. I know the air box one is connected. I think I got all of the other wires connected properly. I sled pulls over extreamly hard with the rope. I can't do it with one hand. I am new to 1000. Is this unusual???

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
There are two attached to the air box, the air temp sensor and the air pressure sensor. It could also be the water temp sensor located on the mag side were the coolant hose comes out of the head.

I would not point my finger at the pipe, check all the connectors.... you may need to get the codes read by the dealer.

Premium Features