• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Pro rmk dies when warm/won't refire

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
My sled quit on me a couple weeks ago. It died randomly, got it running after screwing with a bunch of things (wire connections etc.) thought maybe a connection had come loose. Died again shortly after. Won't re-fire when warm. Let the sled cool off and it starts.

Has new Voltage Regulator (also tried swapping others)
Tested stator with ohmmeter (checks out good)
Checked fuel pressure (58psi running constant)

I am lost on where to go and planned on riding tomorrow but now I'm lost. Any help is appreciated. Also while it died on wouldn't re fire I checked for spark and it has tons of spark if that makes a difference?

D
Feb 2, 2017
Afton, Wyoming
If the sled has spark and compression, its got to be a fuel issue, If it has fuel pressure while trying to start id say its and electrical issue like injectors or ecm or possibly a bad connection, most heat related issues I come across are electrical

if you know someone with the same sled, see if they will let you barrow there ecm

hope this helps

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Yeah like I said even when it wont fire, it has tons of spark. 58psi from the tank constant tells me fuel seems to not be the issue. Every function on my gauge works.

I do know a few people, so maybe I'll have to try that.

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Think I found issue, pays to really check into your wiring and do testing as much as you can when you're having an issue like this. Found some wires to my tail light that busted off and were touching bare together. Probably all my issue was.

Premium Features