• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cpc cold air intake vs slp high flow intake

J
Jan 17, 2010
emmett,idaho
anyone using either of these setups? any info regarding either product would be appreciated. also does the cpc setup work with stock headlight gauge setup? pictures also would help, thanks all

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I have the slp intake kit. It works very well along with the temp sensor relocate. Kind of a p.i.t.a to cut in, but it was part of the performance package it works great. Going to try the BDX air box this season as i fought with a tree and it won.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Cpc cuts right into stock intake. The mod you do is cut a hole in the stock plenum between where the stock intake vents go and put their intake there. I ran mine with their headlight delete. Ran very strong and no hick ups. Nice piece and much quieter than a bdx. Nice quiet way to do a headlight delete and not have a crazy loud machine.

J
Jan 17, 2010
emmett,idaho
Can it be run without the headlight delete? Website isn't very clear says works injunction with out headlight delete. I feel like that is a typo and is meant to say our headlight delete

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
You can run it with the headlight. It goes right where the goggle bag goes in between your bars and gauge. If you get their delete, it mounts your gauge at the stock height and you run a higher windshield to finish it off.

J
Jan 17, 2010
emmett,idaho
thanks for the feedback, do you guys see any issue running the cpc intake with slp stage 2 kit, differences in the pcv map? i just am leaning towards the cpc intake and i think it is a better intake than what slp offers. thanks again

B

BoxStock

Mar 25, 2008
Running SLP cold air kit with stage 2 works great. Cleans up bottom end in all conditions.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
The SLP kit works very well. I've used it both on a 13 and now on my 14. Both sleds - stock intake and pipe with a HPS can. A little work to install but nothing bad, just some cutting.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I'm not running a controller with the SLP kit and don't think it's need. No issues on a 14 or 13, stock pipe/aftermarket can.

R
Excellent...good to know.
Does it increase throttle response nicely? I guess the big question is that does it help?? How about Y pipe? I put a BMP one on. Before I ordered my Y pipe, the factory one looked pretty darn good in design. After measuring the ID and OD, the BMP was bigger.

any ways, thanks for the info.

Premium Features