• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Summit 800 no spark

S
Jan 15, 2009
So yesterday my summit 800 just died, shut down like I hit the kill switch. it was sitting just idling when it happened. I pulled both plug wires and no spark either side when I pull it over. compression is good, I just checked the red wire behind the chaincase and it looks like it has been already taken care of. it is taped and has plastic wire loom over it now. I disconnected the kill switch and still nothing. should the tail lights glow when I pull the rope? what should I check next? Just got the sled last week so i'm not really familiar with it yet. thanks in advance
cory

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
The external coil might be bad. The one with spark plug wires coming out of it. Did you bump the DESS plug? Make sure its plugged in. Try unplugging the kill switch. Maybe it failed. I've never seen one fail to an off position, but its worth checking.

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
I would check to see if the tail light wire is shorted out.
Also check voltage regulator, the lights should come when pull the pull starter

F
Oct 4, 2008
On my 08 xp I had a no spark issue, it turned out that I had broken wires inside the plastic connectors that go to the back side of the coil. They actually came off in my hand when I went to check the coil. I soldered on new connectors and I was in business again. Too bad I had to get a 30 km tow out of the mountains just for that small issue.

Premium Features