• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 sleds arriving soon?

L
Nov 25, 2010
W. Washington
I heard that the new sleds are going to start showing up at the end of this month.anyone else hear this. Seems really early. Usually they are in September or October.

L
Nov 25, 2010
W. Washington
Not my dealer. But someone who works at another dealership. They said there are snowmobiles on their scheduled deliveries. I was going to call my dealer this week. I need to talk to him about something else anyway

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
I thought they started making 2013 sleds in July.
They re tool for the new sleds in June sometime.

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
New sleds

I don't think that I would want one of the first off that assembly line. Also does your warranty begin when you pick up the sled in say September. That you give you three less months on the warranty.:usa2:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I know dealers in the west have already gotten now sleds. I think some were switchbacks or assaults. NOT Pro RMKs, but they are 2013s.
I am hearing that RMKs will start to show in late Aug.

Normally we've seen the new models come in Oct or Nov.

And yes, I would presume your warranty starts when you take possession. I don't want my sled until November. LOL

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
2013 delivery

My wife's snowchecked 2013 Pro RMK600 155 ES has a delivery date of August 8 according to my dealer (Alberta, Canada). She's pretty stoked to pick up her new toy.

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
I don't want my sled at least till November either. I took the 4 year warranty. Instead of the 2 year engine warranty. Wish I could just get the clutches ,so I can have Indy Dan work on them. Then put them back on when I pick up the sled.

Last edited:
O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Why wouldn't you want it soon?? The warranty clock begins November 1st regardless of customer delivery date. I got my 12 Snowcheck last year, the last week of August, and that is what my dealer told me.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Why wouldn't you want it soon?? The warranty clock begins November 1st regardless of customer delivery date. I got my 12 Snowcheck last year, the last week of August, and that is what my dealer told me.

You might want to double check that. Mine has the date I picked it up as the start date of the warranty.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
One of the Polaris guys at the 2013 shindig in Denver said that all warranties will start Jan.1. He said the dealers are being left paying interest on the sleds because people wont pick them up in a timely manner due to the warranty. I never verified that info. Maybe somebody on here is a dealer???

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
You might want to double check that. Mine has the date I picked it up as the start date of the warranty.

I agree with Turbolover. On my Cat's, I would get them in Oct. or Nov. and my dealer would turn my warranty in the first part of Jan, to help me. Your warranty will take effect when your dealer turns it in. Talk to them and see if they will delay it, is the only way.

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
Last year my Pro RMK was built on August 3. Picked it up August 14th. So i'm hoping thats about when my 13 will show up again. My warranty started when I picked it up in August. I don't think it really matters if you pick your sled up in Sept or Nov. Either way you still get 4 full years of warranty.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
From Polaris Website

Will attach link also: http://www.polaris.com/en-us/corporate/contactus/pages/contactus.aspx

Q.What Does My Snowmobile Warranty Cover?A.One Year Factory Warranty
A one-year limited warranty exists against defects in material or workmanship as determined by Polaris Sales in its sole discretion for Polaris Snowmobiles.

Products used for racing do not carry a manufacturer’s warranty.

Products used commercially or for rental purposes may carry varied warranty periods. Contact your local Polaris dealer for more information.

2nd Year Engine Warranty
The 2nd year coverage applies only to qualifying Snow Check Purchases that have engine failures due to defects in materials and workmanship as determined by Polaris in its sole discretion. Coverage automatically begins upon expiration of the original factory warranty. The 2nd year engine warranty carries a $50 deductible per repair. This warranty applies to the first 5,000 miles or two (2) calendar years from date of registration, whichever comes first. Used snowmobiles do not fall under this warranty.

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
The facts are guys, it doesn't matter if the clock starts in August or November... still the same number of seasons. The only way it possibly would be an issue is if the warranty started in August and you had a failure in October (assuming you would be on the snow in October to break something) at the end of the warranty period regardless of the number of years you have.

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
sled warranty

I just talked to a former Service Dept manager from a local Polaris shop. The warranty starts when the sled is delivered to the customer; I hope this helps.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I just talked to a former Service Dept manager from a local Polaris shop. The warranty starts when the sled is delivered. I hope this helps.:usa2:

I agree that it really doesn't matter because nobody rides in August but how can the warranty start at delivery if nobody owns it yet? You mean delivery to the dealer?

Premium Features