• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project husqvarna 800 RMK

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
This will be my freeride sled/race sled this year. Looking at trying a bit of RMSHA out, so this should be a good start.
The build list so far is
Fox evol X ski shocks
<o></o>2005 IQR a-arms -45" width
<o></o>Power Addiction Billet head-13.5-1 -thanks Brad!
<o></o>Powercomander + auto tune
<o></o>Boss seat
<o></o>Ez-ryde skid with all new bushings and update kit
<o></o>Fastrax drop and roll- Thanks Curt!
<o></o>And 155 dragon track cut and screwed- thanks Keith
<o></o>
Things i still need to buy/find<o></o>
SLP twins and hood from fastrax
<o></o>New updated boss seat<o></o>
Boss Nitrous system
<o></o>EGT monitor/gauges
and a custom rap, probably by SCS.

Ohh and a few other things you'll see when they are done

attachment.php

This is a before pic, right before i started the tear down

attachment.php

The guys who did the powdercoating probubly thought this was for the 31st. lol
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks again brad! I ordered this head from Power Addiction over the cell with a credit card on i think Tuesday and it was hear at noon on Thursday. GREAT service as always, and a top notch product! I would highly recommend Poweraddiction to anyone looking for custom parts like heads, pipes, tunnels, a-arms, ETC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

new a-arms powcoat.jpg new a-arms side.jpg new a-arms.jpg new a-arms top.jpg sled pose.jpg power addiction head.jpg a-arm diference.jpg

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
i was just filling it with coolant and forgot to put the o-rings around the sparkplug holes on the head....after everythign was purfect and torqued...

:brokenheart:

I had to walk away for a bit....:pout:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i was just filling it with coolant and forgot to put the o-rings around the sparkplug holes on the head....after everythign was purfect and torqued...

LOL...

i installed my engine in my sled and went to check for spark and realized i didnt even have a pull rop installed in the recoil. lol...it happens.

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming

Its like dumb and dumber lol. Just kidding guys, both of your sled are amazing! Wish I had the skill to build those custom sleds. oh and by the way, puting in a whole motor warrents a few mistakes:face-icon-small-win

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Ok i just ordered the twin pipes, weights, helix, and spring from Curt at fastrax and a few other goodies. I should have everything on the sled with in the next week or so to get the sled rolling. After i get it going i will just run my old 900 RMK hood for a while. (it's orange so it's fitting)

In December i will get a new hood and a full SCS rap. I am also going to order new rails and wheels for my skid to start the racing season in January with hopefully a perfect sled.

I would like to get some fox air shocks for the rear skid, if anyone has any for sale.

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
attachment.php

Got a EZ-Ryde care package today.... With the exception of the rails, and swing arm, my skid will be 100% new. It is an 07 modle, but when i order new rails and have the powder coated black, it will be the same as the 2011 modles.... :face-icon-small-hap

Thanks Christian! :tea:

ez-ryde parts.jpg

Last edited:
T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Looking good,...race sleds often make the best free ride sleds. The durability/handling, and responsivness that is designed and built into the suspensions/chassi and motors almost always translates into a great backcountry tool,...especialy in spring snow conditions. Don't forget to have ISR legal clutch and brake guards built for this thing. Good luck & keep it up!

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I believe the stock clutch guard is legal isn't it? I know about the brake rotar.

I am confused in the rules when it says you have to have a number on your "cowling". What is the "cowling" of a sled? I thought just a number on each side panel, 4" tall or larger was all that was needed until i read that?

wyofreeride

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pinedale, Wy
www.WyoFreeride.com
If you plan to run mod, or even improved stock if your sled fits the class, you will need a legal clutch cover at a minimum, and a brake disc cover for mod. I'd order up the ISR Rulebook to help you out.

Sent from my Droid

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Got some late night progress. Got the skid all put together with the exception of a shaft i am waiting on from ez-ryde and a brace from Fastrax.

I will probably put my chain case back together tomorrow night and see how the new track fits. I am going to run the sled without the Fastax drop and roll so i can single out improvements. The idea being that so much is done, that i will be able to tell what really helped and what didn't. I am sure the drop and roll will help but i just want to take one thing at a time. Don’t want to be on the first ride of the year and have 3 or 4 things go wrong...I like to keep it down to 1 or 2 possibilities. Also, i will have to completely redo all my suspension work with the drop and roll, reclutch the sled, retune the PCV, figure out how to tune, and keep an eye on a few other little things. Having to deal with all the problems on the first ride may be a bit much. <O:p
I still need to figure out gearing. Not sure how to handle that one. <O:p</O:p

attachment.php

Anyhow... hears the skid. I plan on getting new rails as these are slightly bent and there is no fixing it. I will replace them with some black powder coated ones later this winter. <O:p</O:p

attachment.php

And hear is the hood i will be running for a month or two till i get all my ducks in a row. This is the hood of my 2005 900 rmk. My first project sled that i started when i was like 15.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And hear is the worn out bushing off the fox zero pro front shock. Apparently there is to many parts on this one cross beam and the newer skids have the wheels on a separate shaft. Also, the new updated shaft is a larger OD than the 07 one I have in my sled. I don’t have the shock on because it needs rebuilt so I’ll get my friend to help me with that this weekend. <O:p</O:p

ez-ryde parts.jpg orange hood.jpg

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I got alot of things done this weekend. Learned how to rebuild shocks while rebuilding my front track shock. Also, i picked up my skis. (thanks alot Bret! )
I also got almost all of the parts i need from fastrax. I recieved SLP twin pipes, can, cutch kit, teather, exhaust doughnuts, tie rod ends, and an X brace for the ez-ryde. I would Reccomend Fastrax to anyone and everyone.

The pics do the talking, do those look like used pipes to you?

attachment.php

fastrax stuff.jpg

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
im curious as to how well them race pipes do with no porting. i had talked to the guys at SLP about them said they were finicky and didnt respond well to non-ported motors and were designed for a full race port. but you have a high comp head so that should help. keeps us posted!...o btw you stole my next color scheme! should look pretty sweet when done

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Some progress. I ended up moving the whole skid down and found out i had the skid a tad bit crooked. Now the skid is too ez-ryde specs. I also mounted my tunnle protectors. I simply used my old hifax to protect the tunnle coolers from the screws. Hopefully they hold up to the abuse.

Mounting the pipes tonight, and installing the Auto tune into my PVC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is an X brace from Curt at Fastrax. It is designed to be mounted anywhere you disire. I chose to mount it in this location because my rail's are already tweaked in this area. It was very simple to mount, all i had to do was machine the rail braces i already had to make it all fit.

sled 12.jpg sled 13.jpg

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Some more pics. I have the rear suspension and front suspension done. The pipe instal was a pain in the ***, and for some reason my teather doesn't work? Anyways, sled is about 80 percent done.

I still need to
gear down
install FTX clutch kit
Find a nitrous system
get my mock up hood on
figure out my tie rod problem
set my TPS/idle
and tune it in with the auto tune/PCV

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

As you can see i installed the Auto Tune o2 sensor right beside my EGT probe. The pipes fit preety good, not the best fit, and it is a pain to get the stock y-pipe off. They sound preety good, reminds me of my 800 VES mod with crank shop twins.... :face-icon-small-hap Hopefully this one runs better though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I used my hifax from last year as my tunnle protector. Hopefully it stays in there. I tried to align it so that the track would hit it and not the screws, but i think that the screws would just tear through the hifax untill hte track hits it. Either way, there is quite a bit of room so im not to worried.

attachment.php

This is a pic of the 2010 update for the older ez-ryde skids. As you can see, they spaced the wheels out mroe for more strength, the shock mount and wheele axles are bigger and stronger, and the wheel is now mounted where my hifax from last season was getting thin.

attachment.php

Another pic of the FTX X brace. When i get my new rails in a few months, i will have that powder coated orange and the rails black...that will look tits. :face-icon-small-hap

sled 20.jpg sled 21.jpg sled 22.jpg sled 23.jpg sled 24.jpg sled 25.jpg sled 26.jpg

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
i'v decided to pull a late nighter and go for a little test ride in the morning. Im not leaving the shop tonight till i can ride my sled out and load it on the trailor.

all i have left to do is the chain case, clean the sled, and hooke up a manual temp guage and headlight because i an't get my hood back in time.... So im going out topless. Well not me, the sled is, if i went out topless i would blend in with the snow for lack of many sun taning days this summer.

Premium Features