• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Garmin Rino 530hcx

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
While I am at it...........if anyone wants to take the time to look up the meaning of my currently- "bubble pack pirate" You will learn a few things you probably didn't know about the rino's and radio frequencies. Rino's have the ability to operate on "repeater" channels. 20R being an emergency frequency, and they can really up your range.

Technically you are violating FCC laws by using them and not obtaining a license. MEH!:face-icon-small-sho

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I just picked up one of these, hoping to learn a little more about these radios.

The most comprehensive, instructional, training DVD to teach you how to use your Garmin device. This step-by-step training DVD walks you through the key features of Garmin Rino 520, 530, 520HCx, 530HCx units and gets you up and running in no time. Learn everything you need to know to begin using your new Garmin Rino, from projecting waypoints to mapping fishing areas and setting up routes.
http://www.boatfix.com/shop4/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=3627

55390.jpg

D
Apr 8, 2010
While I am at it...........if anyone wants to take the time to look up the meaning of my currently- "bubble pack pirate" You will learn a few things you probably didn't know about the rino's and radio frequencies. Rino's have the ability to operate on "repeater" channels. 20R being an emergency frequency, and they can really up your range.

Technically you are violating FCC laws by using them and not obtaining a license. MEH!:face-icon-small-sho

as i m new visitor in this forum. this very interesting fact that u've shared with us .
thank you

Last edited:
Premium Features