• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone put a fox rez shock in their rear skid?

C

creilly907

Dec 3, 2008
Rear Suspension Upgrade

Sold my 05 M7 with a Holz Float Skid underneath it to get a new 2010 M8. I will say the Holz Float Setup was one the best i have riding with regards to Mountain Sleds, and makes the AC float rear end feel like a pogo stick. When you compare the two the rear float has an overload chamber similar to the EVOL setup and the shock stroke appears longer. I have been working with Ross at Hygear to come up with a similar solution for my new rig. They developed a solution that so far I am very happy with, although I am still dialing it in and playing with adjustments. The rear shock has their Air Control System attached to it which uses an air screw to control the progressiveness (in lieu of a dual stage like the EVOL) of the air spring, a remote Hi-Lo Speed adjustable resevoir on the fluid side of the shock, and some internal mods to the shock. The inner boggie wheels have to be removed but my old sled was pretty much the same way and i did not have excessive Hifax with liberal use of Ice Scratchers. They did a couple of other things to make everything fit, and they are working on making a piggy back setup work also. On the center shock i installed a dual rate spring kit. The performance is way better through the bumps and the extra adjustments make it nice for all the different riding conditions i ride in. Weight transfer is improved and now you can dial in a little sag without having the shock feel under sprung. Turning effort seems improved but I have Powder Pro Skis so i have no one else to compare to. I also had work done to my center shock but I dont think it is necessary for the normal mountain rider.

Premium Features