• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Been A While... Couple Questions on 2012 800 Switchback Assault

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
So I recently picked up a 2012 switchback assault with 2800 miles on it and put 100 miles on it last weekend. Ended up seizing the mag side connecting rod do to lack of oil. Tore down the engine and cleaned up the cases. All is good but the bolt holding the brass bushing behind the water pump was broke. In looking up parts I see Polaris doesn't offer this bushing or bolt. So I'm wondering if anybody knows of where a person can find those items. I also need to replace the motor mounts when I put everything back together. Ive seen lots of talk about some years being better then others. ive done some searching and haven't come up with anything. Can anybody recommend what mounts to go with. Or should I just stick with the stock 2012 mounts. Not looking to go aftermarket and wait for a month while they get shipped up to me in Canada. thanks for the input.

Premium Features