• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Team Clutch

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Yes, and it works really well. We have a update kit for them. I will get it on the website soon.

Will my weights and springs work? I currently have your billet weights, springs and helix per your recommendations for my 16 turbo. Would you simply check/adjust alignment and pull the deflection adjustment bolt out of the secondary?

Joks79

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
MN. 10 minutes from Canada!
Will my weights and springs work? I currently have your billet weights, springs and helix per your recommendations for my 16 turbo. Would you simply check/adjust alignment and pull the deflection adjustment bolt out of the secondary?

I was able to transfer my spring and weights from the old primary to the updated one. I hope to get some miles on it today.

Joks79

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
MN. 10 minutes from Canada!
I was able to get out and put a few miles on it. WOW is all I can say. My clutch on my 16 has been wrong since day one! I do get a little squeal at times. I hope it goes away as the belt breaks in.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I was able to get out and put a few miles on it. WOW is all I can say. My clutch on my 16 has been wrong since day one! I do get a little squeal at times. I hope it goes away as the belt breaks in.

The aligment is different then the 17 and older. Did a dealer put the 18 clutch on? Squeal might be miss alignment.

spag900

Premium Member
Dec 15, 2007
Does this new primary use the same style clutch weights? Wondering if it's worth taking my MDS set out of my '15 before I trade it in.... thanks!

G
Nov 9, 2013
BC
Popped a set on my '17 Mountain Cat to try. Works really well. Lower engagement is super nice. I used the stock 18 spring and weights. To get the full benefit a bit more playing with set up is required.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
hows the ol zuke pullin the lower engagement? i feel like my 17 engages plenty low already. any other reasons to do this update besides engagement? Is this the answer to the motor staying engaged on descents and winding high? I think i had my deflection way too tight the day i experienced that badly. although i like it on the shorter drops.
my short ride on an 18 i dont remember if it was doing it.

G
Nov 9, 2013
BC
The engagement wasn't much lower. About 100rpm, the sled pulls it no problem. I was tight on time and just wanted to try the set up . I leftthe stock 70g weights in. It would work much better with the 68's. It is interesting to ride the 17 with the setup, shows that the 18 engine is way way stronger at low and midrange. Because of the way the primary is shimmed and the engagement point of the weights it does allow the sled to pull smoother lower in the rpm range. In my opinion the cost vs performance isn't worth it to switch. If you damaged your stock clutch it would be a no brainer to switch the primary and belt. My 2cents.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Premium Features