• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Ski Day on the 2017 Summit!

S

Squawnk

Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Looks like your having fun on that 850.

I have a question for you.

My local dealer here in Western Washington says there not going to have a demo 850 sled at all this season not even for a one day. But yet you have one that your sled skiing with that's about 2 to 3 hours away from me and my dealer, I hear GVP has one right across the border, I saw one pass me on a sled deck in Salmon Arm. But there is not one available for us guys in Western Washington to go and test out. Can you let BRP know that I am pretty disappointed. There are two sleds within 3 hours of me and because I am on the wrong side of the border I can not go and ride one. I would possibly buy a new sled if I could ride one. I have a hard time believing that the new 165 could out climb my 174. I would love to give it a try.

Thanks,
-A disappointed BRP customer

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
Dave- Just how does sled skiing work, you ride your sled to the top of the mountain, ski down, then how do you get back to your sled? I asume your buddy Is waiting for you at the bottom??:face-icon-small-coo

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Looks like your having fun on that 850.

I have a question for you.

My local dealer here in Western Washington says there not going to have a demo 850 sled at all this season not even for a one day. But yet you have one that your sled skiing with that's about 2 to 3 hours away from me and my dealer, I hear GVP has one right across the border, I saw one pass me on a sled deck in Salmon Arm. But there is not one available for us guys in Western Washington to go and test out. Can you let BRP know that I am pretty disappointed. There are two sleds within 3 hours of me and because I am on the wrong side of the border I can not go and ride one. I would possibly buy a new sled if I could ride one. I have a hard time believing that the new 165 could out climb my 174. I would love to give it a try.

Thanks,
-A disappointed BRP customer

I am on different sleds but they are early test units, not for public rides due to things on them, and different other stuff. It may seem like they are all around you and no one wants you on one, but that is not the truth. I get guys asking all the time, but i can't it sucks but is part of my job and liability is also a big part of it, no one can just hand a sled over with liability waivers etc. just like when we had our big demo tours...these are super expensive by the way and on a sled that will sell out by spring deadline. it is just not in the cards. The same is with the sled Mike has at GVP, these are people who work very hard behind the scenes with ski-doo so they do get privileges but it is more work than most see, it is why the people have those jobs, they are trusted and expected to follow protocol and again we get bashed for it...you just can't win. Some dealers with get them others might and some won't, it is just a fact of life, just like there are some who will wait till the end want one then complain that they now can't get one...

Premium Features