• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo Track Pitch Swap??

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Ya, they are 2.86. A guy in my group didn't think 3 pitch would work so he got new drivers and track. Another guy actually took the track and wrapped it as far around the drivers as he could with the drive shaft out. We couldnt detect any misalign. So, he put a 3 pitch on his 800 xp with 2.86 drivers. No difference between the two sleds with 3 pitch tracks, one on 3 pitch drivers the other on factory. They ran the sleds with the same loose track tension, never slipped.

Still people continued to tell him that it wouldnt work like that. So to test the idea he went ahead and put a 3 pitch 2.5 track under his 600 etec turbo with stock 2.86 drivers. 70 plus mph track speeds, loose track tension, no problems yet.

So, my sled will be getting a 3 pitch next year on stock drivers. Until I can see a gain going 3 pitch I am not going to. Just our expiriences so far.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
It "works"...but is not correct. I wouldn't do it, but I like doing things right.....think about it, with the different spacing it is impossible to have more than 1 set of drive cogs in contact with the track clips at a time.....they will either be binding slightly or not touching at all. Not a good idea IMO.
They make the correct drivers and track for both pitches so no reason to not do it correctly.

Premium Features