• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Gen 4 down. Check engine limp mode

About 650 miles. Rode yesterday and sled was running great. On way back about mile from truck check engine light and limp mode. Shot still worked. Loaded up and took to dealer. P0264 (Etec PTO injector open circuit or shorted to ground) and P0270 (Throttle body MAG injector open circuit or shorted to ground). Dealer had no time to get on it so brought home and took off hood and looked for loose/damaged wiring. Everything seemed to be good. PTO injector connector had no dielectric grease. Read where guys had codes with airbox sensor wiring damaged. Put back together and made sure airbox sensor was tight and no more codes. If I unplug that sensor CEL returns. Plug in and ride around and working great. This am go for ride and 5 miles in CEL light but also says "check engine " on dash. Limp mode. SHOT tries to work but wont.

Anyone had issues like this before? I know about 17 wiring but it all looked good. Maybe ECU?

BTW... How can I see codes on display?

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
The wires would still be my first guess. Though with as much electronics on these it could be anything.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I'd be looking at the stator, when there going south, gremlin's start popping up when they get hot...

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
The reports on the injector wiring issue said you could not visually identify the break. It was under the ziptie and insulation was intact. It was the booster injectors IIRC. Maybe jiggle those while it's running, and any other wires with tight looking zipties.

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dang it I should have left the old Turbo Etec there for you for a back up! What stinks is I bet the snow was really good.

Dang it I should have left the old Turbo Etec there for you for a back up! What stinks is I bet the snow was really good.

Buff was full by 7am. They had to go north and it was a cluster up there too. Kevin's oil pump failed right off the get go. Paul said snow was 2-3 ft but kinda wet. Paul and I are gonna buy a back up sled to keep there.

I grabbed a flight home. At airport now. At least I get to go home and see ol Wyatt dog for a day until I leave again.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Tell us where he found the faulty wiring? Same place as the 2017 models?

Premium Features