• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 new rail profile.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I ALMOST like the old rail profile on the 175. The new profile isn't as "playful" as the old one. On 154 sleds, the new profile is 200% better. The 174/175 sleds always held sidehills well, especially with the different rear geometry. Noticed tonight that the 175 feels a bit more like a LONG sled than last year's. Not a bad thing, it will excel at what it is meant for.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The rail profile makes a big difference. I put 50 miles on my 154 Freeride today, after locking out T-Mo, lower riser, centered skis, newest belt. I put that silly thing in places that I never thought that I could. SUPER predictable. I could walk it up on the rear on hills when I wanted, but it didn't boot out on sidehills. Super impressed other than the recoil quit working on this one too.
I also noticed that it was able to crawl out of stucks, kinda like an Axys.

Which delete? I'm in the market, same sled.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Munster, like it a lot. Been seeing that they may cause some breakage of stock parts because they are so rigid. If I break a lower scissor arm, I will do something else. It won't happen in fluffy soft snow. Spring snow big jumps I could see it. Munster wouldn't make me a dealer, so I bought a few at full price and resold them in the US for $20 over what I paid. Not sure why. The install is a bit tricky, they pretty much tell you to hammer the old bushing out and hammer the new one in. If they don't go in straight they bind. I made a puller out of a bolt, socket, spacers, and nut that presses them in perfectly. After realizing that a c-clamp doesn't work, as the arm that the part is being pressed into is not square on both sides.

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
It’s a rodeo for sure. Takes a different approach, looking and planning ahead, and carrying more momentum more than the bus length sleds. Waaay more track speed on spring days than the longer tracks though. Gotta watch the vert for sure though.

A
Jan 28, 2010
Love my 18 165 only beef is when it gets steep and I dont have enough momentum is wheelies and trenches bad. But it's so fun every where else I don't know if I'd change anything. Wish there was a cheap solution to keep the front end down on the steep while keeping the handling while boondocking the same.

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
Love my 18 165 only beef is when it gets steep and I dont have enough momentum is wheelies and trenches bad. But it's so fun every where else I don't know if I'd change anything. Wish there was a cheap solution to keep the front end down on the steep while keeping the handling while boondocking the same.

Adjustable limiter strap? Z motion? I think theres a few options that could provide what you are looking for.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
My 19 154 will trench a bit but when I think im stuck it will usuaully get enough traction and come out, where as on my XM I would of been screwed.

Premium Features