For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 06:54 PM
Currently: Not set.
cdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond reputecdebodt44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Draining AV gas

Just wondering peoples experience with AV gas, leaving it in the sled for the summer. Do you normally drain and replace with fresh before the season? Current sled is a 17 Axys with a Silber kit.

I know AV has a longer shelf life than 91, but don’t have experience with this yet.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Currently: Never enough snow!!!
BILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond reputeBILTIT has a reputation beyond repute

Leave it, its fine. Top up with fresh and good to go. Its has a much longer shelf life than 91 (years).

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

2000 440 xc sp 136 (EDGE)
2003 800 RMK 162
2004 910 PRO-XR 121x1.75", Wheelie Machine!!!
2011 LRod 13.6 800 ProRMK 3"PC KMOD/Raptors kmod 37" arms Ti can

The Following User Says Thank You to BILTIT For This Useful Post:
cdebodt44 (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Currently: Hobbling on crutches
Dazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdebodt44 View Post
Just wondering peoples experience with AV gas, leaving it in the sled for the summer. Do you normally drain and replace with fresh before the season? Current sled is a 17 Axys with a Silber kit.

I know AV has a longer shelf life than 91, but don’t have experience with this yet.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have run av gas in my sleds, turbo and n/a since 2003, I just top off with fresh and go, never had an issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzler For This Useful Post:
cdebodt44 (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 09:27 PM
Currently: 850 modder
revrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider07 has a reputation beyond repute

I never drain it just top it off AV gas has to meet a standard to keep octane rating of a year per aviation guide lines. At least it used to be when I was flying.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:25 PM
Currently: Not set.
BeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBeartoothBaron has a reputation beyond repute

My routine is to top off the tank with Stabil and ethanol-free in the spring, then run a half can of Sea-Foam in the first fill of the season. Never had an issue, and I'm sure Avgas is even less likely to degrade. Actually, on that topic, I have a car that hit a deer a couple years ago and I haven't been able to scrape together the time, money, and room to fix (one of the downsides of building your own house, I'm lucky I rode at all last season) – anyway, I fire it up every six months or so, and so far it starts up like I'd run it yesterday.

If you've got time and money to burn and want to do the absolute safest thing, then drain and refill with fresh. Practically speaking though, unless the fuel you left in it was suspect, I say just run it.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:12 AM
Currently: Waiting for the snowstorm of the Century
Ride_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I am the minority here. I always drain mine and put fresh gas in. I don’t think the AV gas will go bad over the summer, however, there will be a little water from condensation. It takes me 20 minutes to pump it out and dump it in my Jeep and fill my sled up with fresh gas. Besides it's something to do while your waiting for it to snow

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-29-2018, 05:55 AM
Currently: boooasting
xpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond repute

I run straight av in my junk. 17 Axys. I drain it and put in my lawnmower,weed eater and chainsaw oil for the winter. No need to waste money on stabil. Fill it with fresh. #7@3-6000 and never an issue. My siber runs flawless with straight AV an a splash of oil @ 7#. That is were people screw up. 865 miles when first belt let go. You wanted a hot rod sled. Feed it good.

The Following User Says Thank You to xpspenziv For This Useful Post:
revrider07 (11-29-2018)