For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2019, 10:44 PM
Currently: Excited about taking the M1000T for a rip!!
snowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clutch bearing retaining bolt broke and chewed up clutches

Question for everyone. My 18 850 secondary clutch bolt broke and it chewed up the both the faces of both primary and secondary clutches. Looking it up, the bolt that broke is actually a recall.
Will ski doo replace my clutches? If not, if I take the burrs don and sand it do you think the clutches will be ok? There are about 100 small nicks and burrs on each face of the primary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 850 clutch.jpg (48.2 KB, 140 views)

Custom Vanamburg TM1000

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-12-2019, 11:51 PM
Currently: Trying to find a good duck hunting hole
Basic Member
salmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond repute

Doodoctor can reface them for ya.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonbum For This Useful Post:
snowmanx (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Currently: Undefeated Mountain Clutching Champ of the World!
kanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

There is a ton of material on the moveable sheave so you will be good on that one.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to kanedog For This Useful Post:
snowmanx (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 11:59 PM
Currently: Not set.
FearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Clutch bearing retaining bolt broke and chewed up clutches

Thought the recall was on the clutch tower bolts, not bearing retainer bolt? Both mine where broken and dealer replaced under warranty - fortunately no other damage.

Additionally, if there was a recall done, BRP may deny because you never got the update done? Believe the recall was issued in Nov/Dec 2017. Simply speculation however.

Sorry to hear about your issue and good luck getting it all squared away!

Last edited by FearMyWrX; 01-13-2019 at 12:03 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FearMyWrX For This Useful Post:
snowmanx (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 01:19 AM
snowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond reputesnowmanx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMyWrX View Post
Thought the recall was on the clutch tower bolts, not bearing retainer bolt? Both mine where broken and dealer replaced under warranty - fortunately no other damage.

Additionally, if there was a recall done, BRP may deny because you never got the update done? Believe the recall was issued in Nov/Dec 2017. Simply speculation however.

Sorry to hear about your issue and good luck getting it all squared away!
Yes, that is my fear. I bought the sled used and didn't register with Doo so I didn't recieve any notifications.

Clutch tower bolt, yes, I believe that is the one.

Custom Vanamburg TM1000

Old 01-13-2019, 03:58 PM
Currently: close to the edge
Basic Member
ezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond repute

if sled is under warranty I can't see why they would not replace clutches,. if they don't it would be last too I got in a long time . there bolt busted it is part of the powertrain

The Following User Says Thank You to ezra For This Useful Post:
sledhead_24_7 (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 09:26 PM
Currently: pow hunting on the 850
sledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond repute

You should be covered I’d think. The 18’s had a recall on the bolts to prevent that. So if your unit did not receive the recall, in my book the recall is still open.

Also I’d think you should still have warranty.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sledhead_24_7 For This Useful Post:
MountainTrashCat (01-13-2019), snowmanx (01-13-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 PM

Ski doo is covering everything damaged down to the belt.

I bought the sled used, did not transfer warranty that was up today.

I'm pleased, too bad that it will take another 10 to 14 days to have it repaired.

Custom Vanamburg TM1000

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to snowmanx For This Useful Post:
sledhead_24_7 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 11:48 PM
Currently: Not set.
FearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond reputeFearMyWrX has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

That’s wonderful to hear! Glad they’re doing doing that and thanks for the update!

The Following User Says Thank You to FearMyWrX For This Useful Post:
sledhead_24_7 (01-19-2019)