For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2018, 02:07 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
powpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to behold
Default BD turbo specs and questions

recently acquired a 2014 rmk 800 with a BD race gas turbo, here are my questions

Has a KOSO egt guage, what should be my safe EGT temp?
reeds- assume replace with stock poo reeds, any other options?
Sled has an indy specialty short rod motor with axis pistons, I am putting stock polaris AXYS pistons in it, how many miles should I run then- 500-800?

Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-29-2018, 08:16 PM
Currently: Moved Into Maximum Security Cell
Spaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond repute

Eat temp gauge is only a guide. You need to read the plugs and Egypt is used as reference. It’s hard to say temp.

Stock reeds seem to work best reliability vs throttle response. The new v3 work very well but you may have to tune the bottom for them a little bit. They seal off better than stock.

Dan has switched to 15 pro pistons. Use those.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spaarky For This Useful Post:
Scott (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 10:24 AM
Currently: Doing the Sidekick Switch
Thanked 1,687 Times in 978 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: "Eat temp gauge is only a guide. You need to read the plugs and Egypt is used as reference. It’s hard to say temp.

Stock reeds seem to work best reliability vs throttle response. The new v3 work very well but you may have to tune the bottom for them a little bit. They seal off better than stock.

Dan has switched to 15 pro pistons. Use those." End Quote

Don't you just hate auto correct? LOL

Old 12-30-2018, 01:15 PM
Spaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond repute

hahahaha...… didn't even catch that. please insert egt.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:19 PM
kgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond reputekgra has a reputation beyond repute

Boyesen makes a turbo reed there 10% thicker and stiffer. Held up extra 400 miles each time for me compared to stock. The factory 15 pistons are and update for 14. 1500 miles for pistons has been safe. Some people are getting 2500-4000 miles If tuned well and oil pump turned up on new style pistons.
The placement of probes makes a difference as well. If probes are in y pipe or atleast before the turbo- My experience is If you can keep it 1000f max on trail and 1150- 1250f WOT you should be safe and good power. If your seeing 1300f at last few seconds of your longest hill climb your at max safe power. As others said egt is just one scenario in tuning, there is no one ultimate thing to watch for but it can keep you from melt down.

The Following User Says Thank You to kgra For This Useful Post:
mtncat1 (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Basic Member
powpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to behold

Bruce at Indy was specific for me to use axis pistons based on the build, but I am heading over there next week and bringing the motor with me for them to check out.

The EGT probes are in the Y-pipe, I will look for the turbo reeds since I cannot find a part number for OEM reeds without buying the cage.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to powpow For This Useful Post:
Scott (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 06:59 PM

Every sled runs at a different temp on the gauge. I haven’t used egts since the carb turbo days. My old 700 ran perfect at 1350. My buddies ran best at 1450. Well past what is suppose to be melt down. Egts are a guide. You need to determine what is best for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spaarky For This Useful Post:
Scott (12-30-2018)
Old 01-06-2019, 11:52 AM
prormkswede is an unknown quantity at this point

Force turbos have the turbo reedblades you looking for!!