• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What would you tell yourself?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Marry the RIGHT person!! Splitting things up 50/50 (yeah right) is the quickest way to send your retirement plans into a downward spiral, and recovery takes a LONG time!! But it does happen :)

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I don't think much at all besides going all in on my business after the depression of 09. I have been blessed

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Keep working a trade instead of college. I'm an engineer now, but could be making similar money if I stuck to what I was doing before without the student loans. If you want to start your own business take a few business classes. Just be vigilant enough to have your own savings/investment plan. Sitting behind a desk is a slow, painful death.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
be excellent at whatever you do....i did go to college, it opened doors that otherwise would have been unavailable....and, i got to fly fighter jets all over the world, got to see and do things that very few others get to...had more adrenalin pumps than a thousand 100' cornice drops, pulling g's so hard your eyeballs are ready to burst trying to stay ahead of the tracers trying to whack my a$$, going high enough to see the curvature of the earth, staring into the black edge of space at a thousand constellations....dropping into the volcanoes of the Hawaiian Islands, flying by the huge ice blocks on the Aleutian chain, barely hanging on before dropping into the Bering Sea....seeing the huge grizzlies on the Alaska Range....ripping the snow covered tundra at over the speed of sound and watching the huge rainbows formed in the ice dust of my jet blast.....buzzing the Russian warships at over 1000 mph barely off to their side and watching sailors scrambling to their stations as their guns try to track me....playing fighter games with migs.....flying by the huge yachts of the ultra wealthy in the Mediterranean Sea where not all were wearing their swim suits on the sun decks....mock fights with the Israelis and many other nations....the Sahara, the Atlantic, the Pacific, North Sea, Baltic, Bering, and a thousand places in between...was my education worth it....oh yeah, a thousand times over....:face-icon-small-hap

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Great topic!

I wouldnt change anything..... But I would tell myself to work hard at being patient. patience is a virtue

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
be excellent at whatever you do....i did go to college, it opened doors that otherwise would have been unavailable....and, i got to fly fighter jets all over the world, got to see and do things that very few others get to...had more adrenalin pumps than a thousand 100' cornice drops, pulling g's so hard your eyeballs are ready to burst trying to stay ahead of the tracers trying to whack my a$$, going high enough to see the curvature of the earth, staring into the black edge of space at a thousand constellations....dropping into the volcanoes of the Hawaiian Islands, flying by the huge ice blocks on the Aleutian chain, barely hanging on before dropping into the Bering Sea....seeing the huge grizzlies on the Alaska Range....ripping the snow covered tundra at over the speed of sound and watching the huge rainbows formed in the ice dust of my jet blast.....buzzing the Russian warships at over 1000 mph barely off to their side and watching sailors scrambling to their stations as their guns try to track me....playing fighter games with migs.....flying by the huge yachts of the ultra wealthy in the Mediterranean Sea where not all were wearing their swim suits on the sun decks....mock fights with the Israelis and many other nations....the Sahara, the Atlantic, the Pacific, North Sea, Baltic, Bering, and a thousand places in between...was my education worth it....oh yeah, a thousand times over....:face-icon-small-hap
The earth is flat, dood. Duh.

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
Buy all the cheap ground you can in Teton Valley, ID and then sell it about ‘08 or so. Also invest in Google and Amazon. And exercise more,eat less.

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO

That’s beyond awesome! Great post Sly.

Premium Features