• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Screen Name Meaning ????

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Love the top gun story. It is my favorite movie of all time. Mine is just because I like to climb hills and I like to go fast. Would love to hear from mysledblows.

Last edited:

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
When joined the forums in 07 had an xrs rev was an easy to remember. Started lurking in the forum in 2004 when I first got internet.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Back when I joined the site (2003-ish), I had a '96 MXZ 670 "long tracked" :lol: to a 136. I was anticipating upgrading to an 800 Summit X, so I was originally SummitX800. Then in early 2006 I bought a brand new Summit X 1000 (before I knew any better), so I had it changed to SummitX1000. When I got rid of that sled, I decided it was time to change it to something that wasn't necessarily "attached" to anything. Everything I came up with, was already taken. I finally gave up trying, and this one is what I ended up with! :face-icon-small-hap

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Some time in the early 2000's I was running a sled in a ditch along a highway. On the highway were a couple friends of mine in a vehicle. A couple miles before my destination is a railroad crossing. Well, I didn't get up on the road high enough when I crossed the railroad track. The left ski caught the track, flipping me and the sled on our sides. The sled slid across the entire highway, I slid about half way across. My buddies pulled up and one of them said, "You remember that scene in Slednecks 3 where Jay Quinlan jumps that rail and slides across the highway? It looked like that...but not nearly as cool." They laughed, I winced in pain, and I've been using it as a screen name since...

Last edited:

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Back around '94 or so, I built a showcar, a 1985 Camaro IROC Z. It had 32 speakers, a 9" tube tv, VCR, Sega Genesis, 1000 watt stereo, blacked out, anniversary wing, shaved door handles, factory chromed rims, etc., etc. It was crazy tricked out, with over $20k in stereo mods alone. It needed some cool license plates, and since I was also a musician and a luthier (builder of stringed instruments, such as guitars and violins), Tuneman fit perfectly.

I'm still a musician, but my plates now reside on a crappy old Ford Taurus with a stock stereo. However, that old beater is perfectly tuned, just like my sleds

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Well you see it's like this One year in the spring i went sledding great day sunny warm awsome spring snow. well when i got home my back was hurting and i laid down on the couch with one of those ice packs out of the freezer. You know the kind they don't freeze solid but are the temp of the freezer. My wife says Larry if your going to take a nap go in the bed room so i got up reached around and grabbed the ice pack and felt something stuck to my backside. I asked the wife whats stuck on me and shes like omg you froze your ass i'm like what no way and shes like yes way she came over and knocked on it and it was froze hard as a rock snow white about the size of a base ball. So you see that's how i got my name.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
When I first joined Snowest, back in '04 I think, we were living in Phoenix Arizona and I had a RMK800. Being's not many on the forum from Arizona, I chose AZ800.
I since, on other forums, have used a different handle, since AZ800 doesn't make much sense, that I picked up from a good friend who passed away and I resurrected his old nick name in his honor and have been using it as my handle.

Premium Features