• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP ON TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
riding the Snowies
09 Nytro has miss under load up hill,
no all the time, seems worse in deep
don't notice anything on groomed trail.
No codes on display
new sparks plugs
chk clutchs springs etc look ok

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
When mine did that it was the spark plugs, but if they are new that is weird. It was more of a popping and misfire rather than a miss at WOT.

Is it boosted? Could it be the fuel map or fuel pump? If it is only under load I wouldn't think it was electronic as that should come up everywhere, not just in the deep stuff.

If it is boosted though and building more boost under load in the deep, I could see something being wrong with the fuel controller as it tries to keep up with higher boost.

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
not boosted, N/A
have not changed set-up for 4 years.
stock engine, under tunnel exhaust with 180 (points forward)
installed new plugs Monday

runs fine sometimes, seems to be around 5000-6000 rpm
some times it will rev past, and some times it misses and
lowers to 5-6k rpm.
on some uphills it will miss then revs right past
rideable but tricky.

was on logging road run good, then miss, then run great

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Its been a few years but I remember some guys having issues with the TORS. The issue is usually solved by adjusting the throttle cable or if the speedo side bearing is shot it can mess with it as well. TORS is easy to bypass, but I also thought it limited RPMs below clutch engagement to prevent a run away.

If it was running fine with weird RPM fluctuations I'd dig into the clutches first and look for worn out parts and broken springs, but the miss is weird, especially with no codes being thrown.

If it was me, I'd put electric grease on every connector you can find, then bypass the TORS, then start looking at things like the coils, voltage output, ECM, and fuel pump.

Premium Features