• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions about my 03 pro-x 800

Sep 12, 2012
So I just blew the crank on the 800 so I am doing a bunch of new stuff to it and have some questions. 1st, I am looking to get slp twin pipes and I am running 850-1000ft what should my jets be? 2nd, was there a performance update for the CDI? I heard somewhere there was. 3rd, has anyone done the rear suppression relocation mod? I think that's it for now, thanks for answers!

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Jetting chart here:

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/instsheets/09-845.pdf

You should be plenty safe going two sizes leaner (smaller) than SLP recommends, they are pretty fat this low (they don't test that low).

I would recommend a holtzman tempa-flow aswell so you don't have to change jetting with temp changes (ATACC if you do elevation changes aswell).

I am at 2200' and i run 490 with ATACC at -30C, stock head, 20% race fuel. You will need race fuel with stock head.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2012
Jetting chart here:

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/instsheets/09-845.pdf

You should be plenty safe going two sizes leaner (smaller) than SLP recommends, they are pretty fat this low (they don't test that low).

I would recommend a holtzman tempa-flow aswell so you don't have to change jetting with temp changes (ATACC if you do elevation changes aswell).

I am at 2200' and i run 490 with ATACC at -30C, stock head, 20% race fuel. You will need race fuel with stock head.

Twin pipes off a edge wouldn't work on a pro-x correct?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
While you have your engine apart and replacing the crank, you might drill out the oil drip hole on the PTO side of the PTO piston well, in the upper half of the crankcase. Since it would best be an angled hole that directs drip oil over to the PTO bearings, it could not be factory drilled. The lack of that hole was one of the major contributing causes of PTO end, bearing failures.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
The relocation is a must! You will have full use of the suspension...

Premium Features