• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why Gov. Palin is great for snowmobilers everywhere!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska

With environmentalist trying to shut down more areas that are open to snowmobiling Gov. Sarah Palin (Vice President Nominee) could be the best thing to happen to snowmobiling in years. Her whole family owns and rides snowmachines and her husband Todd Palin is a four time World Champion snow machine racer. He has won the longest, hardest most grueling race on earth....The Iron Dog. With the Palin’s long history of using snowmobiles to hunt, ice fish, race and just recreational riding I think it all could mean good things for the rest of us snowmobilers. Most people in Washington have never even been on a snowmobile so how can they defend keeping areas open. Here are a couple of articles on the Palin’s snowmobiling. I know who I am voting for this election! :cool:

https://www.snowweek.com/output.cfm?id=1247725

Also for a full story click here to link to the Anchorage Daily News web site.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Everett, Wa.
I hope some on here are not to upset they ride CATS. Wow CATS in the White House, could it get Any better. Swampy:D:D:D:beer;

With environmentalist trying to shut down more areas that are open to snowmobiling Gov. Sarah Palin (Vice President Nominee) could be the best thing to happen to snowmobiling in years. Her whole family owns and rides snowmachines and her husband Todd Palin is a four time World Champion snow machine racer. He has won the longest, hardest most grueling race on earth....The Iron Dog. With the Palin’s long history of using snowmobiles to hunt, ice fish, race and just recreational riding I think it all could mean good things for the rest of us snowmobilers. Most people in Washington have never even been on a snowmobile so how can they defend keeping areas open. Here are a couple of articles on the Palin’s snowmobiling. I know who I am voting for this election! :cool:

https://www.snowweek.com/output.cfm?id=1247725

Also for a full story click here to link to the Anchorage Daily News web site.

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
It's about time!!!!!

After watching the Alaska Governor tonight, all I can say is, THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. Year after year and NBC story after an ABC and CBS story, the media has been trying to choose and run our elections. We the people finally have a word. Those whom live in Alaska, you all should be very proud!!!!! Sarah Palin and her "snowmachine" world championship husband are the true Americans that speak for all of us Gun toting clinging to our religion "fly over citizens" ...

Now please forgive me, but Nevada has had a major issue with the re-election of Harry Reid, time after time. What I will say to you know is that "shrill" is not a word to describe a woman that not only speaks of Alaskan values but she speaks to "Nevadans" as well. Harry Reid, WILL and I repeat WILL not be re-elected. Nevadans are just as sick of him as the rest of the country is. Harry Reid from Searchlight, NV does not speak to us nor does he speak to his town of 250 in Searchlight, NV. He is an absolute idiot. Harry Reid is run by the Sierra Club and their contributions.

All I have to say is that go Alaska and go Palin!!!:)

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
it must suck having a bunch of tree huggers around. here in alaska when we see tree huggers driving around in there old subarus with their anti this and anti that stickers we throw stuff at them, ram their vehicles and do anything bad to them we can think of.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
it must suck having a bunch of tree huggers around. here in alaska when we see tree huggers driving around in there old subarus with their anti this and anti that stickers we throw stuff at them, ram their vehicles and do anything bad to them we can think of.

rev whatever you do, don't do that shizz with a sled in the back of your truck.

I'm pretty sure you're BSing(I hope). The best way to convert a hippy is to take them riding.

Sledders drive Subies too BTW. I just sold our 91 legacy with 264K miles on it.

Hopefully Sarah will have some influence on who McCain picks to be Secretary of the Interior. Being a former Gov of Idaho I was hoping Kempthorne would do more for riders and consumptive users on Federal lands but he's been pretty nutless.

Last edited:
E
Jan 18, 2008
If you put Palin in office you will not be able to aford to ride your sled!

Unless you make over 250k you dont need that running our country. Or unless your so hell bent on religon that your too blind to see. Like det, war and more of the same vote Makane/ palin

P
Nov 27, 2007
Maple Grove, MN
EO,

R U serious?!?! Or seriously incompotent??

Vote M/P and we have a future. Vote O/B and you wont be able to snowmobile at all no matter how much money you make as you will be giving it to those that say everything should be equal!! Can you imagine, ok everyone gets a M6 to snowmobile, no matter what!!!

Nothings equal or fair in life, its only what YOU make of it. If you need the government to start your day for you, your hurting buddy!!!

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
EO,

R U serious?!?! Or seriously incompotent??

it just blows me away how anyone on SW who shares a differing opinion gets bashed........ holy cow! I realize that a person looking for a serious debate / discussion of the facts and issues don't come to SW to do so, but sheesh! I expected better in the Land Use section....

I would seriously hope that peeps vote for president based on a heck of a lot more than whether or not his running mate owns sleds........ (and yes, I know that some do....)

and I would submit that those who can't spell should either learn how to use spellcheck or sit down - you're not helping yourself or your cause! :eek:

B
Jan 15, 2008
Covington, WA
Priggs- I have to agree with your comment to EO. The govt and media have been trying to teach us for years that most Americans are in desperate need for their handouts and clairvoyence (sp?). Let's all be realistic here, nobody has ever really got ahead in life with the sole help from the government- nor should they. When humans are offered too many handouts, they lack the proper ratio of investment to payoff to continue the climb to the summit of success on their own. The only way is through hard work and continuous formal and/or informal education. Personally, I am offended that TEAM JOBAMA suggests that so many Americans are unable to figure out life on their own without continuous assistance. Got to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket- not ideal, but the best choice we got. That's all.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
^^^ sorry man but that's a pretty incompitant statement there.
Not eveyone was born with a silver spoon and some have really benifited from help from the gov't. I have a friend that had no father and their mother was really struggeling. Had to go on welfare and eat from the food shelf. Their mother was able to go to school and get a better job and now she's doing quite well.
It bugs me that so many people on here think that the gov't shouldn't help out people in need...yes SOME people take advantage of it but not all.
Everyone on here thinks that anyone needing the gov'ts help is just lazy and they got themselves in that situation....god help you if you ever need help cause if it were up everyone on here....sorry better find a nice box.

And I'm with EO, if you don't make $250K Republicans don't give a chet about you, don't get me wrong though I ain't votin for Obama.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
and I would submit that those who can't spell should either learn how to use spellcheck or sit down - you're not helping yourself or your cause! :eek:

You're not kidding... no matter where one stands, their argument kind of flies out the window when it reads like a ghetto drop out.

Priggs- I have to agree with your comment to EO. The govt and media have been trying to teach us for years that most Americans are in desperate need for their handouts and clairvoyence (sp?). Let's all be realistic here, nobody has ever really got ahead in life with the sole help from the government- nor should they. When humans are offered too many handouts, they lack the proper ratio of investment to payoff to continue the climb to the summit of success on their own. The only way is through hard work and continuous formal and/or informal education. Personally, I am offended that TEAM JOBAMA suggests that so many Americans are unable to figure out life on their own without continuous assistance. Got to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket- not ideal, but the best choice we got. That's all.

Overall, well written

Not eveyone was born with a silver spoon and some have really benifited from help from the gov't. I have a friend that had no father and their mother was really struggeling. Had to go on welfare and eat from the food shelf. Their mother was able to go to school and get a better job and now she's doing quite well.
It bugs me that so many people on here think that the gov't shouldn't help out people in need...yes SOME people take advantage of it but not all.
Everyone on here thinks that anyone needing the gov'ts help is just lazy and they got themselves in that situation....god help you if you ever need help cause if it were up everyone on here....sorry better find a nice box.

And I'm with EO, if you don't make $250K Republicans don't give a chet about you, don't get me wrong though I ain't votin for Obama.

I think most on here would agree that not all who need help take advantage of it... But most on here would probably agree that most that get on the nipple DO take advantage of it.

Your story holds true (the mom) and glad she made it. But take away most of the government feel good programs and give the taxes back (scratch that...don't take them in the first place) and you will find that locals will take care of their own.

i.e. small town vs anonymity in the big city (bare with me)

In a small town, the local drunk who doesn't work soon runs out of places to crash. Family gets fed up, he'll burn through a church of two (if he's lucky) and he'll either die hungry or figure out away to become productive enough to sustain himself. Nothing unfair about that. In the same town, someone that comes into hardship will usually find a helping hand within their own family, neighbors, church, locals, etc. UNTIL....they don't help themselves. Then the feeding trough dries up and they have to get off their azz..same as the drunk.

Big town/blind big brother/anonymity... there are no checks and balances, it's not their money (ever see a bureaucrat who actually was worried about where or how the money was spent..?) and the drunk just goes along in his stupor.

It's simplistic, but you can't keep doling out the money and expect to fix a problem that it creates and perpetuates. And yes, life ain't fair and people will fall through the cracks. Oh well. Not like people don't fall through the cracks now.

Wouldn't YOU rather decide where to donate your money? Or is sending 30% of it to the government for social programs a great idea?

Just my throughts..:beer;

xcrash911

Lifetime Membership
You're not kidding... no matter where one stands, their argument kind of flies out the window when it reads like a ghetto drop out.

Overall, well written

I think most on here would agree that not all who need help take advantage of it... But most on here would probably agree that most that get on the nipple DO take advantage of it.

Your story holds true (the mom) and glad she made it. But take away most of the government feel good programs and give the taxes back (scratch that...don't take them in the first place) and you will find that locals will take care of their own.

i.e. small town vs anonymity in the big city (bare with me)

In a small town, the local drunk who doesn't work soon runs out of places to crash. Family gets fed up, he'll burn through a church of two (if he's lucky) and he'll either die hungry or figure out away to become productive enough to sustain himself. Nothing unfair about that. In the same town, someone that comes into hardship will usually find a helping hand within their own family, neighbors, church, locals, etc. UNTIL....they don't help themselves. Then the feeding trough dries up and they have to get off their azz..same as the drunk.

Big town/blind big brother/anonymity... there are no checks and balances, it's not their money (ever see a bureaucrat who actually was worried about where or how the money was spent..?) and the drunk just goes along in his stupor.

It's simplistic, but you can't keep doling out the money and expect to fix a problem that it creates and perpetuates. And yes, life ain't fair and people will fall through the cracks. Oh well. Not like people don't fall through the cracks now.

Wouldn't YOU rather decide where to donate your money? Or is sending 30% of it to the government for social programs a great idea?

Just my throughts..:beer;

Damn GTG are you sure you don't live on the eastside :p Good post!! :beer;

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
I was basically just talking about welfare, foodstamps...the things needed to survive. Yeah I get angry when I'm in line at the grocery store and the couple in front of me with 3 kids whips out food stamps.
Maybe they shouldn't of had any kids if they couldn't afford them to begin with....maybe he lost his job and they're just struggling at the moment but we see what we see.

As far as other programs go (I'm from MN, I know about too many programs) I agree with you there.
I make 1/2 the amount of money here in MT but after taxes I make as much when I lived in MN. land of 10,000 taxes.
If you get a DUI in MN they will send you to treatment...and pay for it.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Yes I would like to decide where my money goes but I don't think we should get rid of ALL gov't help funds like so many people on here want.
Let's face it if the gov't didn'y take a little money from us for people in need and just left it to donations....COME ON, nobodies gonna give chet...even me the guy preachin that we need to help out.

B
Jan 15, 2008
Covington, WA

Snow,
Dude we can all come up with examples where some govt. assistance has been helpful for many (unemployment benefits, etc.). Essentially, my point is that I believe it is ludicris for virtually an entire party (Dems) to sponge votes off of so many people by making promises to keep them at status quo. They would be better off with a hand-up rather than a lifetime of hand-outs. I know there are some people that can't help their situation in life: I sympathize for them and feel that the rest of the country needs to help those out, but scaling back on many services can save taxpayers some real $ of which often times becomes disposable and gets dumped back into the economy. It has been awhile since my college days and Econ classes, but a healthy economy creates jobs. Even a decent job typically provides more assistance (and destiny control) to a family than the basic govt program. With that said, I'm done spoutin' off. No harm meant. Peace.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
Why Gov. Palin is great for snowmobilers everywhere

QUOTE]

An example of welfare done right, most often you will see 2nd and 3rd generation because those receiving the money do nothing to better themselves or their families’ situation.

A hand out is never the answer, a hand up is.

Premium Features