• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video For Tps Setting 2005 900 and 2006 700/900 CFi

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm curious aobut the new CFI's as well. My 2007 700 is way out of whack in idle and very difficult to get into reverse (because of the engine stop and reverse at idle).

Would the TPS adjustment help here?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I'm curious aobut the new CFI's as well. My 2007 700 is way out of whack in idle and very difficult to get into reverse (because of the engine stop and reverse at idle).

Would the TPS adjustment help here?

i think these are the specs found them on another thread

Quote:
Baseline voltage on CFi SMALL BLOCKS (600/700/800):

the voltage is 0.70 +/- 0.01 Vdc.
Quote:

Idle speed adjustment AFTER baseline is set:
Slowly turn the idle speed adjustment screw (A) clockwise
until the voltage displayed on the multi meter reads 0.95 +/
- 0.1 Vdc
(.93 +/- 0.1 Vdc for 755/800/900 CFI engines).

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT..

make sure you have a perfect reading Battery (4.99-5.01 VDC) and a good regulator...worthless even attempting to do this w/o them being perfect readings..

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
This has been added PROMINENTLY to the HOW TO thread, so I'm going to remove it as a sticky to clean things up a bit... If there are too many errand questions on the topic, I will stick it back up here again.... :beer;

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
not sure how to fix it, but maybe once its fixed...we should download it to the comp incase this happens again..

worse case...here is the complete instructions from the video but written...

The TPS comes set from the factory and should not need any adjustments. If replacing a TPS or resetting the TPS, Polaris has
developed a TPS test kit for aid in setting the Throttle Position Sensor to specification.
1. Assemble your TPS sensor tool (PN 2201519) as per the instructions that came with the tool. (NEW TPS HARNESS “FOR ATV” P/N 2203165-$35)
2. Make sure your 9 volt battery is in good condition by inserting the black voltmeter probe from your Fluke meter in the black
terminal and the red probe into the pink terminal. Voltage should read 4.99 to 5.01 volts. If not, try a new 9 volt battery.
3. Insert the red voltmeter lead into the terminal above the pink wire, and the black meter lead to the terminal above the black
wire. Slowly open throttle and check for smooth voltage change.
NOTE: The Fluke meter will change scales and show O.L. momentarily when throttle is opening.
4. Remove the throttle cable in order to take the slack out of the cable.
5. Back off the idle lock nut counterclockwise and then back out the idle adjuster (A) counterclockwise until the screw tip (B)
separates from the adjusted lever tab.
6. Turn the synchronization screw (C) counterclockwise until the synchronization lever is touching the synchronization screw
hole (D) tab.
7. Remove the connector from the TPS on the throttle body and install TPS sensor tool on to the TPS.
8. Place a shop towel under the throttle body incase you loose grip on the spring or thread a small wire around it if it should fall.
9. Remove the synchronization lever tab spring (E) and gently open and then close the throttle plates with the throttle, allowing
the plate to close gently. Note the voltage at this point.
10. Insert the synchronization lever tab spring and screw.
11. Turn the synchronization screw clockwise until the volt meter reads the voltage level that you noted in step #8.
12. Loosen screws on the TPS sensor (F).
13. Adjust the TPS sensor until the voltage on the volt meter reads .705 -- .715 volts.
14. Tighten the TPS retaining screws, making sure that the voltage continues to read .705 -- .715 volts.
15. Turn the idle set screw clockwise until the voltage reads .930 volts.
16. Voltage at the yellow terminal should be .920 -- .940 volts at idle. Once the TPS voltage is verified and set, remove the sensor
tool and re--install the TPS harness

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Another point to remember is that the voltage at idle is elevation-dependent. According to my '06 Deep Snow Manual, voltages are as follows :

0-6000 ft - 0.93 volts
6-9000 ft - 0.95 volts
> 9000 ft - 0.97 volts

Although I generally ride between 4,000 and 7,500 feet, I set my TPS at 0.96 and it definitely runs better. Just something else to consider.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Just did mine last night. Good thing too, found my throttle cable fraying the one going to throttle body so ordered FBF cable. Did everything then put back onto the machine. Set all to regular specs. WOT was reading 4.04 and after install cable idle was good .93 and WOT was then reading 3.84 so tried manually holding WOT at the throttle bodies and was still good @4.04.

Is a good thing my '06 fusion throttle cable has an adjuster under the handlebar cover so adjusted that and now reading good pull the throttle reading 4.04 also. So my guess is that is why I started hitting a wall around 90-95 as the throttle wouldn't fully open the bodies.

Would be a good idea once you hook up your cable and bodies again after doing the settings to check again WOT with throttle pull to make sure your throttle is fully opening the bodies.

If you have a FBF cable does the cable have the adjuster too under the handlebar cover?

Premium Features