• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crossover opinions

S
Jan 28, 2015
Hey folks looking for honest unbiased feedback on these 3 sleds:

2018 arctic cat xf 800 141 high country limited
2018 Polaris 800 sks 146
2018 skidoo backcountry

Polaris and cat are basically the same price but the sks comes with 3 year warranty since it’s part of the rmk lineup. Doo is 2k more as an average of the few dealers I have spoke with.

have followed the 800 axys closely for a couple years and am ok with reliability. My unknown is the cat as I have never owned one. Coming from a 2016 summit x 800 154 and want a shorter track for my style of riding.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Out of those I'd choose the backcountry, but I'm biased! I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them but the 850 power will stand out over the other two and I've heard nothing but good things about the handling on and off trail on Dootalk.

S
Jan 28, 2015
Only issue I have is the B.C. shocks don’t compare to the qs3 or the walker piggybacks ......if skidoo has decent shocks I wouldn’t be in this predicament!!

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
That is the truth! Doo leaves alot to be desired with shocks. If you could find a BCX at least you could have them rebuilt after a year or two if you feel you need more.

S
Jan 28, 2015
Shocks on the BC sp can be rebuilt and vevalved! I have had a couple x package sleds md not a noticeable difference from kyb and hpg shocks IMO. The real upgrades comes with the xrs piggybacks!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Hey folks looking for honest unbiased feedback on these 3 sleds:

2018 arctic cat xf 800 141 high country limited
2018 Polaris 800 sks 146
2018 skidoo backcountry

Polaris and cat are basically the same price but the sks comes with 3 year warranty since it’s part of the rmk lineup. Doo is 2k more as an average of the few dealers I have spoke with.

have followed the 800 axys closely for a couple years and am ok with reliability. My unknown is the cat as I have never owned one. Coming from a 2016 summit x 800 154 and want a shorter track for my style of riding.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Where/what/how are you going to ride? Is the crossover going to be your only sled?

If you live in the mountains and the crossover will be your only sled, I'd go with the SKS.

If you have two sleds, and one is a mountain sled, I'd suggest getting the more trail-oriented crossover.

I've been thrilled with my SBA, but I also have an RMK too .....

S
Jan 28, 2015
Live in Alberta and unfortunately don’t make it to the mountains much anymore. Sled will be 50/50 trail and off trail. Ride a fair bit of groomed trails to find snow to play in.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Live in Alberta and unfortunately don’t make it to the mountains much anymore. Sled will be 50/50 trail and off trail. Ride a fair bit of groomed trails to find snow to play in.

I'd actually suggest a Switchback Assault over the SKS. I have one and I ride in the mountains all the time .... I just don't ride tight trees with it or ride it on the super deep days :) I put just as many miles on my SBA as my RMK last year honestly, so I'd say if you really are 50/50 you might consider it.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Couple things:

Arctic cat's acender/M/proclimb chassis handles better on hardpack due to the lower center of gravity. The motor still punches harder than anything polaris has ever made.

All those sleds work just about as well 'off trail', they each have a weakness, most of it just track size.

I own a proclimb and an axys. I'd get the cat.

Premium Features