• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alright...who plans on snowchecking????

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
I am in. but this year my wife will get my t-3 163 I will trade her 2014 154 x toward my new unit. when I decided to ride sleds 18 years ago I told myself that if I couldn't buy a new sled every year I would quit .and I am not ready to quit. also I have a great dealer at I-90 motorsports that supports me. that helps. ed.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am in. but this year my wife will get my t-3 163 I will trade her 2014 154 x toward my new unit. when I decided to ride sleds 18 years ago I told myself that if I couldn't buy a new sled every year I would quit .and I am not ready to quit. also I have a great dealer at I-90 motorsports that supports me. that helps. ed.

I got myt wife a t3 174 last year. It was the best thing I ever did for her.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Dang.....I've seen two separate 2012 pros on craigslist today. one with 3900 miles and 600 on a new motor for 5500 and one with 1300 miles for 5700. Price on those things is in the TANK!

One here with 1492 miles, 2012, $4500. I agree, Pro owners are going to be unhappy come spring when they have to give them away to get their Axys cash.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
You can take your sled to any dealer for warranty work, you don't have to take it back to the place you bought it from.

Umm, yeah that's true..... unless of course you want it done right and in a timely fashion.
Every dealer sells sleds but not all dealers have good service departments or staff who are willing to go the extra mile for you. I have a big local dealer and yes they will give me a lower snowcheck price but I use a small dealer an hour away because they know me by name and when I want to say 'jump' they say ' how high?'. I don't abuse that privilege and I am always super nice to everybody that works there because I want them to want to work on my stuff. The payoff is that over the holidays I had two older sleds that broke down while we were at our cabin, I hauled them down the mountain, told them I had a cabin full of guests and could they please get them done asap and I was picking them up the next morning. You can't put a price on that. Service trumps price every day!

If you have to pay a little extra to use a dealer you know and trust, so be it.
And when I snowchecked last year I did exactly what someone mentioned earlier - I went to the large local dealer, got their best price, took it to my dealer and asked him to match it. he got within $500 and we called it good - worth every penny in my mind.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Umm, yeah that's true..... unless of course you want it done right and in a timely fashion.
Every dealer sells sleds but not all dealers have good service departments or staff who are willing to go the extra mile for you. I have a big local dealer and yes they will give me a lower snowcheck price but I use a small dealer an hour away because they know me by name and when I want to say 'jump' they say ' how high?'. I don't abuse that privilege and I am always super nice to everybody that works there because I want them to want to work on my stuff. The payoff is that over the holidays I had two older sleds that broke down while we were at our cabin, I hauled them down the mountain, told them I had a cabin full of guests and could they please get them done asap and I was picking them up the next morning. You can't put a price on that. Service trumps price every day!

If you have to pay a little extra to use a dealer you know and trust, so be it.
And when I snowchecked last year I did exactly what someone mentioned earlier - I went to the large local dealer, got their best price, took it to my dealer and asked him to match it. he got within $500 and we called it good - worth every penny in my mind.

I totally agree but the dealer I wanted to buy my 2015 from was $1100 off my local big box dealer. $1100 was too much to swallow.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
We're u trying sport o motive Indy? Or where I got mine from cozzys in Marinette and they were within 200 of kens and better service

I tried sporto, fort Fremont, and really wanted to buy from pats in Michigan. All $1100+ difference from kens. I've had very good service from kens but I think that's because of the amount of times I go in there. Most guys know my name which is pretty hard to come by at a huge dealer like that. I just like the smaller shops that will sit and BS with you about whatever for as long as you want, but in the end $1100 was too much, heck that's more than I'll be losing on my 15 when I sell it.

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
Yeah I called around too before owner of cozzys got back from the polaris show if I were u try them for the axys rmk nice medium sized dealer but awesome to deal with and beat everyone price but kens and m and m they were 200 less. But I bought victory from cozzys so they were getting business any way on sled just wanted to price it before they could get back to me to make my budget up lol One dealer wanted msrp plus 700 for frieght and setup in Stratford lol

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Yeah I called around too before owner of cozzys got back from the polaris show if I were u try them for the axys rmk nice medium sized dealer but awesome to deal with and beat everyone price but kens and m and m they were 200 less. But I bought victory from cozzys so they were getting business any way on sled just wanted to price it before they could get back to me to make my budget up lol One dealer wanted msrp plus 700 for frieght and setup in Stratford lol
I know a couple of guys that live in Menominee that love Cozzys. They are a 2 hr drive for me though. I live 15 minutes from kens, and it is a 2 mile drive from my work so its hard to go wrong.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Actually the original question was who plans on Snowchecking?
Plans here are one possibly two. As far as dealers go I currently drive three times farther than the closest dealer. The main reason is the service is so much better. As far as price difference, the dealers around here are pretty close. I hope the 2016 have improved, because I have not.:face-icon-small-con

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I'm curious how much the low snow conditions will impact snowchecks this year? My wife said no way when I told her I was. She said our sleds have had no use this year so WHY?

I have only 3 rides this year which will be my worst year since 04-05. My buddy's with XMs haven't been able to break in their T3's.

She has hidden all steak knives, razor blades, and took away my tool box keys yesterday.

She has 1-800-suicide on speed dial.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I'm curious how much the low snow conditions will impact snowchecks this year? My wife said no way when I told her I was. She said our sleds have had no use this year so WHY?

I have only 3 rides this year which will be my worst year since 04-05. My buddy's with XMs haven't been able to break in their T3's.

She has hidden all steak knives, razor blades, and took away my tool box keys yesterday.

She has 1-800-suicide on speed dial.

LOL, Good one Dave!

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
I am holding out one year. Mainly because I snowchecked my 2015 exactly how I always wanted an RMK to be and super happy with it. Also, my Golden Ticket is good for a 2017 too. Looking forward to seeing how the new ones go next year though.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I would except my 14 doo is barely broke in. AND I'm seein a new yz250fx in my near future. I like where poo is with this new sled and I can see myself on one for sure.

Premium Features