• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Powersports BIG CHUTE VIPER TURBO

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I ran into jim and crew and got to tool around on the new viper for a bit. They were working on the clutching but it made all the power they claim and fit of everything was as expected from evo, perfect. julio

Hey Julio, It was great seeing you guys again. We'll see you in April in Revy!

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I got to tell you this sled has potential, with a some minor clutch tuning this will be a sled to recon with. It comes on smooth and follows through very hard, very impressed with the overall pull that this turbo set up has. Clutches run cool, fueling was spot on, handles very agile, climbs like a full on mod sled, side hilling and down the trail with this set up is a blast also.
Looking forward to a Yamaha engine EVO sled in the future.
Had a good time, thanks to Jim, Todd, and Gene for a great day.
Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Thanks again for spending the day with us an dialing in our suspensions. It is always great to ride with you. For those who have not experienced a KMOD suspension, you don't know what you are missing. These big HP sleds cannot do what we do with them without a real skid.

Until next time...

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Yes,

Videos will be posted soon.

Final specs with introductory pricing with a "Snow Check" deal will be posted by the end of next week. There are still a few features that we have not spoken about that we will announce soon as well.

VIPER_zps32b955cf.jpg

Last edited:
M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Nice kit!

How are you running enough boost to make 275hp on stock comp?? I am assuming you are pulling a bunch of timing & running 110. Gotta be around 16/17lbs of boost??

Not a dig on you or your setup, just me being curious. Thx

T
Mar 30, 2010
Looks good! those are some good #'s 275hp that's gonna be a runner! What kind of track speed climbing? You think the Kmod is superior to cat suspension coupled? Can tell us who is making the fuel controller or is that a secret?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
they make about 230hp at 12lbs with head shim so 275hp on stock comp will be 12-13lbs boost.water to air intercooler makes a huge diff in power along with the right fueling & turbo.a mix of race fuel or timing are the only cures for high comp,but stock comp & a turbo is so much fun.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Nice kit!

How are you running enough boost to make 275hp on stock comp?? I am assuming you are pulling a bunch of timing & running 110. Gotta be around 16/17lbs of boost??

Not a dig on you or your setup, just me being curious. Thx

Yes, we are changing the timing curve. It has been run safely on the dyno and in the field with a mix of Avgas and 110. Exact fuel requirements for the big hp kits will be released soon

Yes, there is nothing like high compression turbos...

Also, the production kit will be a MULTI MAP setup. Customers will be able to choose between race gas and pump gas with the flick of a switch.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
So I know it's slightly different than what the hot tune on this kit is, an maybe even of topic, but what's the differance in throttle response from the extra piping and intercooler over a non intercooled set up running with about the same output?

T

TurboDickie

Sep 14, 2010
Western Slope, CO
Friggin AWESOME. Very cool transformation. I cant wait to see more. I want one. How does it handle compared to the 1100T? Does it feel lighter? Great Job evo

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
So I must say this kit looks very promising for many. When can we expect pricing etc. Other Turbo Manufacturers are offering Snow Check Programs is this something EVO is considering for consumer. Look forward to your Feed Back.. The only reason as I ask time is ticking to Snow Check deadline...

Thanks

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
So I must say this kit looks very promising for many. When can we expect pricing etc. Other Turbo Manufacturers are offering Snow Check Programs is this something EVO is considering for consumer. Look forward to your Feed Back.. The only reason as I ask time is ticking to Snow Check deadline...

Thanks

Pricing will be announced next Friday and there will be some pretty cool snow check incentives.

K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
Pricing will be announced next Friday and there will be some pretty cool snow check incentives.

Well this is fantastic news... As for CDN customers will you be offering kit with incentives through your CDN guru Gene.. ! Look forward to seeing this kit. Also you alluded to "Revy" will EVO be there and when?

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
I grantee I could take my 1100t wiith evos super chute and destroy each and every yammi you own

I'm not even half the rider that CM is, but I will take you up on that challenge on my "old" apex. We have plenty of snow here in Utah, so come on over and let's see that 1100t run.:face-icon-small-win

Great looking Viper btw.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I'm not even half the rider that CM is, but I will take you up on that challenge on my "old" apex. We have plenty of snow here in Utah, so come on over and let's see that 1100t run.:face-icon-small-win

Great looking Viper btw.

To be honest your Apex smokes most other sleds!
But i have not seen an 1100T that is close even to an Viper, and your Apex,,,, well, i have not seen an Viper yet that impress me as much as your Apex does.
Will be fun to see a well tuned Evo M1100 side by side with an Viper.
But compared to an Apex, not much competition.

Skickat från min YP-G70 via Tapatalk 2

Premium Features