• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

standalone ECU for yamaha nytro all years

nytro standalone ECU ??

• Total voters
Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
36 degrees (btdc) at WOT)?? n/a or turboed? in any case it is too much.
blowing head gasket can be a too lean conditiongetting engine too hot),too much boost for the hardware,too much compression for the setup(hardware). too much timing will cause detonation(from a very small det to a big det) and throw out bearings(rods and crankshaft),snap rods, chip pistons most likely.

What timing are you using on top for the apex engine???i was running 36 but think its to high, im blowing out my headgasket all the time

36 at wot and 22psi , will try 32 at wot and 25-26 psi

sunoco 109okt gt+, running at sealevel up to 1100 feet.high boost only for racing, mountain riding 15psi and pump fuel.must get it maped again, because of gasket problems and timing
You are not answering his ? and You wanted me to send my map to you so you could fine tune it and you will not even give this guy a good safe starting point:face-icon-small-con ,
Lets say he has a apex with rods , 10:1 compression with stock head , running at sea level on C12 / 107 octane , he wants to run 24lbs of boost
What should his timing be at idle 2000RPMs / mid - range 4500 - 5500- rpms 0 boost and 10000-10500 rpms 24 lbs boost , numbers please

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
You are not answering his ? and You wanted me to send my map to you so you could fine tune it and you will not even give this guy a good safe starting point:face-icon-small-con ,
Lets say he has a apex with rods , 10:1 compression with stock head , running at sea level on C12 / 107 octane , he wants to run 24lbs of boost
What should his timing be at idle 2000RPMs / mid - range 4500 - 5500- rpms 0 boost and 10000-10500 rpms 24 lbs boost , numbers please

we will take care of that by email if a customer of us (i guess you understand why), i am just like you for now, i will not give out our recipe to other companies on a public forum. 36 degrees is somehow impossible, even on c12.....i like much better lower boost with lower octane for everyday riding.
regarding my post, it is always you guys starting **** and i am the only one on here not letting some of you replying stupidity and let them free with it(not directed direct to you boyko).who ever recognizing himself can wear the hat. i guess i have receive enough emails to build the PnP ecu for nytro and show up outwest with it.....we are anyway going this year for our distributor in alberta,will be a lot of fun hope, seen a lot of magnificient videos of enourmous deep powder/chutes playground....can't imagine bigger chutes than the 1800ft vertical stuff in cooke city......!! can't wait!

Last edited:

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
mistakes wasn't the right word , probably we can improve drivability and fine tune your compensation tables.....send me a print screen of your boost compensation tables (3d,or surface graph) same for your fuel tables and we will check it. what's realy common in the standalone world is guys doesn't want to share mapping :face-icon-small-sho when in fact it is what makes the sport growing!!i have nothing to gain receiving your map, you have everything to gain from our expertise. Sebastien(tuner) is currently replacing RayHall on tech support and he knows about sledding and mountain riding with all the temps and baro changes, he was in the mountains 3 weeks straight last years just to build compensation tables. We have made some firmawre changes to correct a few baro issues and improved fuel equation based on that.
i want to help but if you want to keep your map ,well it is up to you my friend.

we will take care of that by email if a customer of us (i guess you understand why), i am just like you for now, i will not give out our recipe to other companies on a public forum.
And earlyer you stated that sharing maps and info is what makes the sport grow:face-icon-small-dis

36 degrees is somehow impossible, even on c12.....i like much better lower boost with lower octane for everyday riding.
regarding my post, it is always you guys starting ****
Was not trying to start any sh!t , just seeing if you would back up your own words

and i am the only one on here not letting some of you replying stupidity and let them free with it(not directed direct to you boyko).who ever recognizing himself can wear the hat. i guess i have receive enough emails to build the PnP ecu for nytro and show up outwest with it.....
That good to hear , as i said before ,i look forward to meeting your group and seeing how your system works .

we are anyway going this year for our distributor in alberta,will be a lot of fun hope, seen a lot of magnificient videos of enourmous deep powder/chutes playground....can't imagine bigger chutes than the 1800ft vertical stuff in cooke city......!! can't wait!

Did you reply to hotmail by PM answering his ? on timing !

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
we will take care of that by email if a customer of us (i guess you understand why), i am just like you for now, i will not give out our recipe to other companies on a public forum. 36 degrees is somehow impossible, even on c12.....i like much better lower boost with lower octane for everyday riding.
regarding my post, it is always you guys starting **** and i am the only one on here not letting some of you replying stupidity and let them free with it(not directed direct to you boyko).who ever recognizing himself can wear the hat. i guess i have receive enough emails to build the PnP ecu for nytro and show up outwest with it.....we are anyway going this year for our distributor in alberta,will be a lot of fun hope, seen a lot of magnificient videos of enourmous deep powder/chutes playground....can't imagine bigger chutes than the 1800ft vertical stuff in cooke city......!! can't wait!
To get a standalonesystem 100% we all need to share,share and share .there are 1000 things to get right ,compansation ,timing,coldstart,coils+++++++ there will never be a marked for this befor thing are sorted out.I would never have got a stantalone and use 4-5000 if i knew what i know today.The problem with snowmobile racers are sharing.paul at impulse is the only person i can say that is helpfull.I will buy a 1155 stroker from him.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
To get a standalonesystem 100% we all need to share,share and share .there are 1000 things to get right ,compansation ,timing,coldstart,coils+++++++ there will never be a marked for this befor thing are sorted out.I would never have got a stantalone and use 4-5000 if i knew what i know today.The problem with snowmobile racers are sharing.paul at impulse is the only person i can say that is helpfull.I will buy a 1155 stroker from him.

I kind of agree with you , all i can say is do your homework and research be fore you spend you money .
If i was a kit builder and spent the money and payed the price in R&D and had something that worked , why would i give it away, that why i found it funny the Gino though i should hand over my info/map to him so he came fix it ( for free ) when i have not seen anything of his that is running , and for him to make a statement that we all should be sharing more openly , just to come back and say he is not given any info out , i am confused , a person useally only openly shares with others only if he has something to gain.

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I kind of agree with you , all i can say is do your homework and research be fore you spend you money .
If i was a kit builder and spent the money and payed the price in R&D and had something that worked , why would i give it away, that why i found it funny the Gino though i should hand over my info/map to him so he came fix it ( for free ) when i have not seen anything of his that is running , and for him to make a statement that we all should be sharing more openly , just to come back and say he is not given any info out , i am confused , a person useally only openly shares with others only if he has something to gain.

guys, no need to put oil on fire, i got enough emails with guys wanting to try it, we will build it with expension loom (same connectors as arctic cat!).

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
guys, no need to put oil on fire, i got enough emails with guys wanting to try it, we will build it with expension loom (same connectors as arctic cat!).
have you run a McxPress 270 hp kit in dyno?
If so,how much hp did you get in dyno with and without your standalone with the same psi set up as mcxpress and did you run it on pump gas?

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
we have not work on an MCX snowmobile kit. we are developing right now a plugin ECU for the rzr 800-900 and our test RZR is equipped with a mcx kit(see picture) and the least i can say is it is not making close to the disclosed HP numbers they are saying but the kit is well put together, it is just that piggyback setup that is not doing the job at all.
the attached pictures are from a regular vipec ECU and the plugin ECU will be a direct bolt on.

rzr 001.jpg rzr 002.jpg dyno 1.jpg dyno 2.jpg

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
the least i can say is it is not making close to the disclosed HP numbers they are saying but the kit is well put together, it is just that piggyback setup that is not doing the job at all.

I was interested in an Vi-Pec from you, not any longer, i had some doubts before after reading your posts, those question marks just got straightened, saying MCX advertise to high HP numbers when proof always shoved the opposite prove to me you are not a serious business.

Using Tapatalk on Android ICS pad.

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
I was interested in an Vi-Pec from you, not any longer, i had some doubts before after reading your posts, those question marks just got straightened, saying MCX advertise to high HP numbers when proof always shoved the opposite prove to me you are not a serious business.

Using Tapatalk on Android ICS pad.

He cant be serius,if he hasnt dyno driven the nytro mcx 270 kit,then he shouldnt be writing this in pm to people :
right now your 270 HP kit is a 217 HP kit?.......you are nowhere close to 270 HP....not even close......if you are still running their box.
I dont take this man serious after this ****!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
He cant be serius,if he hasnt dyno driven the nytro mcx 270 kit,then he shouldnt be writing this in pm to people :
right now your 270 HP kit is a 217 HP kit?.......you are nowhere close to 270 HP....not even close......if you are still running their box.
I dont take this man serious after this ****!

He'll say anything to get your money..LOL
My MCX kit on my Apex runs perfect,I am sure horsepower is as claimed.MCX is a very respectable company.
But 217hp out of a 270hp Nytro,that is a bogus claim,the 270 kit hauls azz!
I'm not sure he rides sleds,just a keyboard! LOL

A

apex1001

Sep 20, 2008
All i can say i´m not either got what they advertise i only got 204hp in my xtx. On the McX dyno,

Oh i forgot i only got the 180 kit.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I have raced a MCX Nytro with the 330hp kit running 21psi to my 17psi and he pulled away from me. I would say there hp claims are pretty close.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
we have not work on an MCX snowmobile kit. we are developing right now a plugin ECU for the rzr 800-900 and our test RZR is equipped with a mcx kit(see picture) and the least i can say is it is not making close to the disclosed HP numbers they are saying but the kit is well put together, it is just that piggyback setup that is not doing the job at all.
the attached pictures are from a regular vipec ECU and the plugin ECU will be a direct bolt on.
BANNED?????? WHY??????????????

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
No direct knowledge of why he was banned but;
1. Pre EFI has basically used this board to sell his product without adding anything back to the community.
2. He butted in to nearly every thread anyone posted about anything related to turbo sleds or engine management. Again, with the sole purpose of selling product.
3. Bad mouthed other makers products to try and make his look better.
4. Bad mouthed other tuners and manufacturers.
5. He brought out the worst in other forum members.
6. veiled threats.
7. Just a generally unlikeable person who made this place less fun to hang out on.
8. fill in your own reasons...

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
No direct knowledge of why he was banned but;
1. Pre EFI has basically used this board to sell his product without adding anything back to the community.
2. He butted in to nearly every thread anyone posted about anything related to turbo sleds or engine management. Again, with the sole purpose of selling product.
3. Bad mouthed other makers products to try and make his look better.
4. Bad mouthed other tuners and manufacturers.
5. He brought out the worst in other forum members.
6. veiled threats.
7. Just a generally unlikeable person who made this place less fun to hang out on.
8. fill in your own reasons...

He did make some posts that were useful :baby:

The vipec will find its way into the sled industry, time will tell how well it catches on.

Snowwest did Gino a big favor by banning him :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features