• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Talk to me about GAUGES for the MPI Supercharger

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
Guages

I run the prologger It took a couple hours to install and gives me everything in one package for the same price as separate guages. It records for playback after your run. Supercharger temp is the most important guage on supercharged sled, if you go to 190 degrees there is a good chance you are damaging your supercharger. It gets there way before the factory temp light warns you. MPI will sell it to you already set up ready to go so only minor adjustments are nesacary. I mounted mine down instead of up like most guys. I almost bought 4 separate guages which would have cost me $500 I paid $700 and I can set limits so the guage will flash when I am approaching crucial limits.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ready to get my gauges now

First three gauges are for sure.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugeop.aspx?sid=59

#1 Boost
7504_d.jpg

#2 Air/Fuel Ratio
5778_d.jpg

#3 Water Temp
7555_d.jpg

#4 Pro-Logger

#5 Engine Oil Temp
#6 Fuel Pressure

#7 SC Oil Temp
#8 Oil Pressure

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Ready to get my gauges now

First three gauges are for sure.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugeop.aspx?sid=59

#1 Boost
7504_d.jpg

#2 Air/Fuel Ratio
5778_d.jpg

#3 Water Temp
7555_d.jpg

#4 Pro-Logger

#5 Engine Oil Temp
#6 Fuel Pressure
#7 SC Oil Temp
#8 Oil Pressure

These are nice looking gauges but you might want to rethink your boost gauge.
You should get a liquid filled one as they don't vibrate and are easier to read and it should be on a scale from zero pounds up to 18-20.
If you have one that reads in this range it will be easier to read and much more accurate,most people never ride over 18 lbs boost.
This A/F gauge is for a car and would not hold up to well with moisture with the two buttons on top,it would fog over and you wouldn't be able to read it.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Autometer is what I am familiar with from past automotive use.

Point me towards a oil filled water proof gauge line applicable to Sleds???

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=562><TBODY><TR><TD class=mainBodyNoImg><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top"> Back to Gauge Search

5401_d.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

5412_d.jpg

5433_d.jpg

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I am not sure what the liquid is but have them on all my sleds,never had any freeze or anything like that.
I can read them,they do not vibrate.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
They are usually mineral oil or glycerine filled, but they don't freeze.

But I like it cause the needle doesn't bounce at all, real steady. When you roll it though it tends to be "foamy" for a spell, but oh well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am not sure what the liquid is but have them on all my sleds,never had any freeze or anything like that.
I can read them,they do not vibrate.

Thanks.
Pictures don't have a link as to which gauge series they are though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Chris if you have not already got your gauges make sure to get a boost gauge that fits into your desired boost range. For instance if your only going to run a max of 15 psi ever do NOT buy a 0-35 gauge. Buy a 0-15. You will be able to read it better. Also the liquid filled is nice. Go big with gauges like boost and A/F where you will be looking at them all the time. Smaller with a coolant temp gauge as you will not need to read it when your balls out full boost.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Chris if you have not already got your gauges make sure to get a boost gauge that fits into your desired boost range. For instance if your only going to run a max of 15 psi ever do NOT buy a 0-35 gauge. Buy a 0-15. You will be able to read it better. Also the liquid filled is nice. Go big with gauges like boost and A/F where you will be looking at them all the time. Smaller with a coolant temp gauge as you will not need to read it when your balls out full boost.

Exactly!! I have a 0-30 but run 10 lbs.

I actually have my boost gauge turned up as well. I set the 10 at the top, so I don't have to stare at the gauge. I can simply glance at it and see the needle position.

If it's on the left of center I'm good, if for some reason it's left, there's a problem.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Sounds like a GREAT IDEA>
But I don't see any gauges with that small of a boost range?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Gaffrig Marine Gauges.

2" Mechanical
http://www.gaffrigperformance.com/Products/gauges.cfm?theSubCategory=36
6000_BIG.jpg

6500_big.jpg

• All kits include 1/8" NPT connectors, 12-Volt Light, 25' hose and non-ferrous mounting hardware.
  • Completely waterproof with new anti-fog lens that eliminate the possibility of water damage and fogging.
  • Substantially improved red-orange or white lighting for better night viewing.
  • Matching fluorescent, UV-protected pointers and larger, bolder fonts on every gauge provide a consistent appearance.
  • Non-ferrous mounting hardware with 2 1/16" standard cutout size.
  • All brass bourdon tube.
  • Gauge rims and decorative bezels offered in a variety of UV-protected, metallic powder-coated colors to compliment your boat's interior.

Premium Features