• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skins Protective gear trail or pro series hand guards,,, Opinions?

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
I have the flexiable fabrick type Skinz, a few years of running them now, don't remember the model anymore. They work great, can roll sled over and no damages to them, tree limbs are not an issue either.

Last edited:
F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
I bought a set, but decided not to run them.

I prefered to run the plastic ones over these, but they are very nice. I have a set of black ones that I will sell for $30 plus shipping if you are interested. Never even ran on the sled. Pm me if you are interested.

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
I have actually been removing all hard style hand guards on our sleds and going with the soft Skinz pro series handguards. Every time a sled was rolled the hard style hand guards generally broke. We use the pro series and find them great as they are easy to put on and take off and stow away once you get up to the alpine.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i have the pro series...i love them...break the wind good..takes a decent beating...and are very easy install

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
No issues with cold fingers, using the pro series, on the trail ride in and out?

I've been considering getting a set of the trail series for the larger coverage. The only time I wish I had them, is on the trail ride in and out. They look easy enough to remove and stow under the seat for normal riding.

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
I have actually been removing all hard style hand guards on our sleds and going with the soft Skinz pro series handguards. Every time a sled was rolled the hard style hand guards generally broke. We use the pro series and find them great as they are easy to put on and take off and stow away once you get up to the alpine.

First ride on my M1100t busted the stockers off so some something flexible is the way to go...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The flexible skinz ones, the rox flex ones, or a solid wrap around one are the ones I'd prefer.

Regular flag style guards are landfill fodder imo.

I run cycra handguards, very fond of them, but anything that can handle impact & deal with rollovers is worth getting imo.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I have the velcro on ones and they are only put on for extremely cold trail rides to the good riding and then they come off as I don't like the encumbrance.

M
Dec 6, 2008
I've got the trail series and really like them. I thought that I would take them off when i got up to the hills and trees but ended up leaving them on all the time. I tested them out on the deepest ride of the season last year and they didn't affect my mountain riding at all.

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
I've got the trail series and really like them. I thought that I would take them off when i got up to the hills and trees but ended up leaving them on all the time. I tested them out on the deepest ride of the season last year and they didn't affect my mountain riding at all.

I just leave mine on all the time as well, I don't notice them in my way at all.

Premium Features