• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My first ride on a Supercharged Nytro

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
if you get to ride a turbo sled look at the boost guage rideing down the trail it will be very little thats where you get the better milage out of a turbo setup as it isnt makeing as much boost going down the trail dapending on the turbo of course

Well.
While I can't speak for anyone else.
I ride down the trail at 7,000ft.
Which means I have already lost plenty of power to altitude.
With the Supercharger, I have FULL POWER regardless of where I am at.

Like I said earlier, its more like going from a 3 cylinder to a 4 cylinder engine ALL the time :face-icon-small-hap

Nothing wrong with Turbos.
Lots of guys love them.
But fuel mileage is NOT my primary concern.

I am perfectly OK spending an extra 2 gallons a day to obtain MAX enjoyment from my personal addiction!!

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
if you get to ride a turbo sled look at the boost guage rideing down the trail it will be very little thats where you get the better milage out of a turbo setup as it isnt makeing as much boost going down the trail dapending on the turbo of course

Yep the SC's do end up "wasting" a lot of gas, I make 3-5 lbs of boost riding down the trail, where the turbos i ride with make only 1 lb or so.

R
Aug 20, 2011
MN
I have ridden both, the super and the turbo. Here's my take, I love the super for riding on the trail into the play area much more than the turbo, an absolute blast to ride, the throttle response is better than a good running two stroke, you hit last second bumps and lighten the front end and launch it, top end power , not as good as the turbo, but way better than stock, so it gets around in the deep pretty good, the noise drove me nuts, the intake noise was enough to make me want earplugs to ride, but I also designed an fresh air intake that sticks out of the hood, so you're constantly hearing the super, it got quieter when I put the blow off valve on. But as far the fun factor goes, the super gets my vote, way fun play machine.

The Turbo isn't as much fun on the trail in, but it is quieter and it climbs better, you have to think ahead more on the turbo, last second changes are usually not rewarded with the same outcome, the throttle response isn't even close to the super, so it makes the turbo feel heavier, even a front mount doesn't have that throttle response.

Now the big difference between the two, FUEL MILEAGE! the super loves fuel, Opec loves the Supercharger set up, both run on 91 Octane, but the turbo doesn't use nearly as much.

Hope this helps

Just out of curiosity, what kind of turbo kit was on the one you rode. I hear some are a lot better than others.

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
NOT true. The kit we sell Yamaha uses the same supercharger as the stage one. The difference is one has an intercooler and one doesn't. We have upgrade kits in stock and ready to ship. It includes an intercooler; re-flash of your GEMS controller, cold air intake and all necessary hardware to complete the switch. It’s actually an easy change out.

How much does it cost to convert to a stage 1 and how much power do you gain if you still want to run straight pump gas still??

Thanks,
RYan

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
How much does it cost to convert to a stage 1 and how much power do you gain if you still want to run straight pump gas still??

Thanks,
RYan

Ryan, The kit will sell for $1095.00. It will include the intercooler, cold air intake, pulleys, re-flash of your GEMS controller and all associated hardware. Boost levels on pump gas vary with altitude. We tend to error on the conservative side. That blower is good for 12 psi depending on altitude.

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
Ryan, The kit will sell for $1095.00. It will include the intercooler, cold air intake, pulleys, re-flash of your GEMS controller and all associated hardware. Boost levels on pump gas vary with altitude. We tend to error on the conservative side. That blower is good for 12 psi depending on altitude.

OK thank you, what if you are riding between 8 to 10 thousand feet, what kind of boost could you run safely on 91!!!

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Whether you get a turbo or supercharger from Yamaha, are they a simple bolt-on affair by the dealer or do some dealers make tweaks that aren't listed in the setup instructions to make the machines run noticeably better?

Can someone tell me what they changed from 2010, 2011, 2012 on the Nytro?

Thanks.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Whether you get a turbo or supercharger from Yamaha, are they a simple bolt-on affair by the dealer or do some dealers make tweaks that aren't listed in the setup instructions to make the machines run noticeably better?

Can someone tell me what they changed from 2010, 2011, 2012 on the Nytro?

Thanks.

Anyone?

P

PF9090

Jan 16, 2009
different skis and more tunnel cooling on 12's might have a different track also but not sure

T

Turbo25

Jul 17, 2010
www.snowest.com
There is a bigger cooler on 12' which you can put that "update" so to speak on the 10 or 11 and they come with the accent track for 12' supposed to be an amazing track for supercharged-boosted sleds. not sure the specs on the accent 3"pitch and i think two and a half paddle? and the skis you could refer to as clown shoes :face-icon-small-ton

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Anyone with a Nytro should really consider this.
Supercharging the sled just makes it SO dang much fun..

Can't wait to get back on it this season with a couple pounds more boost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Oh yeah....

BTW, Turbos rock too... . My bud has a supercharged unit for sale. It is a 136 track so one would possibly have to add a bit of length to it for the mountains... If anyone is interested I can point them my buds way!!! They are so fun!!! Never want to go back after you get a boosted ride!!!

Premium Features