• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WMC and Wenatchee Outdoors land grab starting up again.

S

snowman*150*

Jan 8, 2011
Leavenworth WA
You have got to be kidding me right now. I cant even believe they are trying to pass this right now. We are not doing any harm to the mountains we ride on. They sound like a bunch of picture perfect geeks that like to see mountain sides untouched. But if we let the skiers go down the mountain side its ok.... NOT.... I just cant believe some idiot is trying to take our riding areas away. What next? Sugar loaf? the back side of Stevens? Blewett pass?

M

monster967

Dec 27, 2009
Littleton CO
It's funny, one of the main arguments is that snowmobiles cause considerable damage to the trees and habitat. Like a squirrel cares if there is a little nick taken out of the bottom of the tree. Animals adapt and find new homes after a fire, right?

S

snowman*150*

Jan 8, 2011
Leavenworth WA
It's funny, one of the main arguments is that snowmobiles cause considerable damage to the trees and habitat. Like a squirrel cares if there is a little nick taken out of the bottom of the tree. Animals adapt and find new homes after a fire, right?

This is so true... Fires do cause by far the most damage and yes every animal including squirrels have to find new homes when there home has been destroyed by some moron that decided to flick that cig out the window. Plus who all out there likes to hit TREES??? I sure has hell dont! Not very many people run over small trees unless they have to in order to not hit the mama tree lol :tongue:

D
Dec 14, 2007
Central, WA
That whole article is so f***ed up, IMO. If you ride an area two days in a row, you will clearly see animals have used your tracks to get around that night. And I wanna know how riding off-trail destroys vegetation. Those areas are already crowded, making them half size will just be worse. the people that come up with these ideas, just don't get it.

S

snowman*150*

Jan 8, 2011
Leavenworth WA
That whole article is so f***ed up, IMO. If you ride an area two days in a row, you will clearly see animals have used your tracks to get around that night. And I wanna know how riding off-trail destroys vegetation. Those areas are already crowded, making them half size will just be worse. the people that come up with these ideas, just don't get it.

Thats the problem with tree hugers they think every thing that has a motor and can make its own trail will destroy everything in its path

Premium Features