• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The typical "loudest can" thread solution

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
In light of the same age-old stupid thread that is posted in every forum and subforum on this site, I have a suggestion:

When some moron posts the "HAY GUYZ!!!! WHUTZ THE LOUDEST CAN UH CAN GIT FUR MUH SLED??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" thread....

Simply delete it.

You don't have to warn them, ban them, anything, just simply delete the thread.

Then when they post another thread whining and crying about their first idiotic thread getting deleted, simply delete that thread too.

We've proven at least a billion times arguing with these people is a futile effort, I believe if SnoWest took the policy of simply deleting these threads it would do more to drive the point home than trying to argue with the proverbial brick wall.

I think it would be an effective policy.

Thanks.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sounds like you hold out ZERO hope for educating anyone?
We really ought to make at least an attempt at teaching them WHY that is such a bad idea.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Sounds like you hold out ZERO hope for educating anyone?
We really ought to make at least an attempt at teaching them WHY that is such a bad idea.

I have never seen in any of the [heated] arguments we've had on here where anyone wanting a 110db can on their sled has ever been convinced otherwise.

I don't think there is any hope for them, no.

Perhaps it would be a symbolic gesture on part of the forum at best, but IMO its at least doing something to make the point.

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
pipes

While I am not a loud pipe guy and understand why no one should run a loud can, I do not agree. Hitler would probably just delete it though. I for one would leave this forum if it became anymore totalitarian. We need to educate people and except that unless they are educated you never really changed anything. It could even be possible that you pi$$ed them off enough that they will always run the loudest possible can out of pure spite. Just my opinion not trying to bash

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I wonder if we just found a way for everyone to catch on that replies to just paste a link to a previous 'loudest can' thread and let the OP figure it out themselves. There is a ton of historical data from the 100s of previous can threads to get someone 'educated'. It is still a personal opinion for each rider, and some people you couldn't get the right idea in their brain if you injected a special common sense serum anyway. Might save on a lot of the back and forth jabbing from someone that is too dumb to realize that pretty much nothing justifies why they 'need' a loud can. Although my favorite one to shake my head at has always been, "Well I liv up her in AK and they don't give a crap about nothin so we c an ride wherever and be as loud as we want." The people that post that crap should seriously get punched in the face every once in a while. Just a thought........

racer

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The downside to leaving them though, is there is always some helpy helperson who is happy to tell the troll which are the most annoying & power robbing cans out there, which ends up giving the OP food for his plans.

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
IMO I think Educating them no matter how many times you tell them is the best way! At least they have been warned when one of the local Sledders comes and knocks him on his butt cause he ripped his pipes by him and cant come back here whinning! My buddys boy did that with his 800 and we warned him before he did it and he got whitewashed not even a hour into his ride! :face-icon-small-hap It was Awesome, lol!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
IMO I think Educating them no matter how many times you tell them is the best way! At least they have been warned when one of the local Sledders comes and knocks him on his butt cause he ripped his pipes by him and cant come back here whinning! My buddys boy did that with his 800 and we warned him before he did it and he got whitewashed not even a hour into his ride! :face-icon-small-hap It was Awesome, lol!

When common inanimate rocks begin to understand calculus will the idiots who think loud pipes on snowmobiles understand.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
um please explain???

I think what he is trying to say is...........When the OP is told to straight pipe the sled straight to his helmet and still has the nerve to post useless crap after not figuring how to read internet sarcasm, will the he/she (or anyone making the claim for loud exhausts) ever be able to comprehend what us 'more courteous and future minded' riders are trying to say...........................................I think :face-icon-small-con

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
pipes

Question of the day. Should we be mad at the guy who wants to run loud pipes...or should we be mad at the greenie who convinced the politician to push a bill that limited db for sleds....or should we be mad at ourselves for not being active enough in politics....or is it so far go that it really does not matter?

PhantomCat

Phantom Goblin
Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2008
NW Montana
First off let me say I have a x2 on Murph's post!!! :thumb:

You guys all make good points...but there will always be that one guy that just posts it to be funny/cool. I do believe we can change peeps minds with education...with our responsible posts..not bashing or plan deleting them. Some, I will agree without a doubt, will NEVER get it, but we need to not only educate the masses, but also the manufactures of these loud cans. They are the ones that are ultimately responsible for the threads in the first place...if they didn't build em then the rahtards wouldn't want em.

So maybe we need to learn to post our replys logically and with good information instead of trying to beat it into there head or telling them to put the exhaust into there helmets( which I found very amusing!!! :D)

Just a thought!

Glenn

Last edited:
Premium Features